LIsurf631

Epic trip to the CCC

Rate this topic

315 posts in this topic

Just now, LIsurf631 said:

Ok, you dont have to be a jerk. It's just a guess. 

He's not being a jerk. Just telling you like it is. 

I personally live 30 minutes from the Canal. Say I go down there for a night of fishing. How much money do you suppose I'm going to spend locally while there? Maybe stop for breakfast or lunch. A cup of coffee perhaps. That includes the majority of those who fish the Canal. 

4 mins ago, bospa357 said:

No. Do you? I do know one thing, it's not that much that the town caters to fisherman. Especially when the majority of those who fish there are within an hour or two drive. 

Just read Ditch Jigger's post above. I can't think of many who know that place better than he does. 

im around 3 hrs from there and my buddy and i easily spent 800 bucks in a day or 2. Between food, stay, canal bait and tackle, and other spending. Whatever im not trying to argue here

I'm not trying to take away from your good experience. Although I do advocate that the Canal be closed until the stocks can rebound. I'm strictly commenting on your assessment that the Canal won't be shut down because fishermen pump a lot of money into the local economy. 

Just now, LIsurf631 said:

im around 3 hrs from there and my buddy and i easily spent 800 bucks in a day or 2. Between food, stay, canal bait and tackle, and other spending. Whatever im not trying to argue here

That's fine, but you are not in the majority as I mentioned.

I was on the beach at PI and some guy came up and talked to me about the fishing. Seemed nice enough. Few months later I saw myself on YouTube. I wish I could find that guy and throw him in the surf. 

Wearing a camera while fishing? Good lord. 

5 mins ago, bospa357 said:

I'm not trying to take away from your good experience. Although I do advocate that the Canal be closed until the stocks can rebound. I'm strictly commenting on your assessment that the Canal won't be shut down because fishermen pump a lot of money into the local economy. 

The army corps of engineers has to shut it down, No ? 

Given the current state of the red socks , your bass fishing is all you got going for you , don’t complain about us New Yorkers coming up there and spot burning the canal  worry about the fact that your going to need something to do come October when we will be watching playoffs baseball.

6 mins ago, PlumFishing said:

I was on the beach at PI and some guy came up and talked to me about the fishing. Seemed nice enough. Few months later I saw myself on YouTube. I wish I could find that guy and throw him in the surf. 

whats wrong with filming and reliving a great experience ?

2 hours ago, LockedDrag said:

Man some of you cry too much. There is no such thing as spot burning at the canal. When the schools run through they run through. If they don’t, skunk is guaranteed lmao but on a serious note, most of the guys on here complaining about the striped bass populations are also contributing to it with all the fish you have caught over the course of your fishing career. At the end of the day, limit is 1 fish a day at 28+ inches. If someone harvests 365 keepers over the course of the year, it’s his\her right to. 

It would also make you selfish and ignorant among other things to keep 365 fish a year. You must be well educated on current conditions of striped bass.

4 mins ago, LIsurf631 said:

The army corps of engineers has to shut it down, No ? 

Yes. And they will if antics live the cheering, theft, drug activity, etc. don't stop. 

2 mins ago, bospa357 said:

Yes. And they will if antics live the cheering, theft, drug activity, etc. don't stop. 

i cant imagine drinking and doing drugs while fishing like that. Personally im not a cheer guy and I have never kept a bass

10 mins ago, PlumFishing said:

While filing someone else without their permission is disrespectful, I’d rather

someone be wearing a camera than them having to fumble around for 5 minutes trying to get one out of their surf bag to take a pic of a near dead fish. 

I’d be stoked to have the day LIsurf had, and it’s nice seeing some footage of his experience. I’m as concerned with this fishery as anyone else, but I don’t think someone sharing footage of a good trip deserves criticism. I mean, you can find thousands of hours of CCC “bassacres” on YouTube, this was far from that.

10 mins ago, AndyV123 said:

Given the current state of the red socks , your bass fishing is all you got going for you , don’t complain about us New Yorkers coming up there and spot burning the canal  worry about the fact that your going to need something to do come October when we will be watching playoffs baseball.

You are so clever!