LIsurf631

Epic trip to the CCC

Rate this topic

315 posts in this topic

50 mins ago, LockedDrag said:

Man some of you cry too much. There is no such thing as spot burning at the canal. When the schools run through they run through. If they don’t, skunk is guaranteed lmao but on a serious note, most of the guys on here complaining about the striped bass populations are also contributing to it with all the fish you have caught over the course of your fishing career. At the end of the day, limit is 1 fish a day at 28+ inches. If someone harvests 365 keepers over the course of the year, it’s his\her right to. 

You sound young. I was once young too. I learned a lot as I got older. 

1 hour ago, jdr724 said:

I was there those days and every parking spot anywhere near there was taken so I would hardly put it all on this one angler.

I'm also sure you're acutely aware that these "spots" change with each day/tide/time during any particular tide etc.... so the argument that that area is burned is a bit absurd.

1 hour ago, young said:

Anyone posting pictures should be mindful of the content in the picture.  Especially pictures that have obvious background that people can figure out where one was fishing. 

Read the bold part.   If this doesn't make sense to you then you really don't understand how the tides work in the canal.

3 hours ago, C.Robin said:

Looks like an awesome day, nice job.

I can’t wait until they shut this place down so some fish can make it down here lol.

I just cant see it happening because the fishing brings in a lot of money to the local businesses

3 hours ago, zak-striper said:

Great, we have a typical New Yawker coming here, fishing for a few days, then spot burning the hell out of the place on his way out.

Thanks for the troll.  :hi5:

How can you spot burn at the canal ?

2 hours ago, JButts said:

Why did you take the huge breeders out of the water for pictures? 

Honestly it was only for a few seconds. I also selfishly wanted a picture because I may never catch Bass of this caliber again in my life. On the other hand there were hundreds of breeders taken home everyday i was there so I was proud to see all of mine strongly swim away...

1 hour ago, LockedDrag said:

Man some of you cry too much. There is no such thing as spot burning at the canal. When the schools run through they run through. If they don’t, skunk is guaranteed lmao but on a serious note, most of the guys on here complaining about the striped bass populations are also contributing to it with all the fish you have caught over the course of your fishing career. At the end of the day, limit is 1 fish a day at 28+ inches. If someone harvests 365 keepers over the course of the year, it’s his\her right to. 

And they are a lot more responsible for the situation we are in with the declining Striper population than the person who practices 100 percent C and R. 

3 hours ago, LIsurf631 said:

There were thousands of anglers cheering up and down the canal at 4am lol

Yeah, and the several hundred people who live close enough to hear that whooping and cheering at 4 AM really love being awakened by a gaggle of yahoos---and guess what? The local powers that be care more about keeping them and their tax dollars happy, than out of town fishermen. :rolleyes: 

14 mins ago, LIsurf631 said:

I just cant see it happening because the fishing brings in a lot of money to the local businesses

I know lol, just speaking out of jealousy. I do hope they consider making it C&R only, I know there’s been some talk about it.

5 mins ago, Ditch Jigger said:

Yeah, and the several hundred people who live close enough to hear that whooping and cheering at 4 AM really love being awakened by a gaggle of yahoos---and guess what? The local powers that be care more about keeping them and their tax dollars happy, than out of town fishermen. :rolleyes: 

but at the same time the fisherman bring a lot of money to the area

1 min ago, C.Robin said:

I know lol, just speaking out of jealousy. I do hope they consider making it C&R only, I know there’s been some talk about it.

They won't close the Canal to fishing. They'll just lock the gates to the parking lots at sundown, and re-open them about 9 AM in the morning. And they'll post No Parking signs on the few remaining streets within walking distance that don't have them already.

I remember when more than one of those gates were closed overnight, and what it took to get them opened again. But the guy who helped get it done isn't alive any longer.

20 mins ago, LIsurf631 said:

It's not as much money as you might think it is. 

1 min ago, LIsurf631 said:

but at the same time the fisherman bring a lot of money to the area

And the town only gets a fraction of what they spend back in sales tax revenue from the state. Do you have any idea of what the assessments are on some of those houses along the Canal, or with Canal views? How much the owners pay directly to the town in property taxes? The cops and selectmen know, and they listen to them.

I lived in that town for more years than you've been alive. I know how things work. 

1 min ago, LIsurf631 said:

really? ok. Do you know how much ?

No. Do you? I do know one thing, it's not that much that the town caters to fisherman. Especially when the majority of those who fish there are within an hour or two drive. 

Just read Ditch Jigger's post above. I can't think of many who know that place better than he does. 

3 mins ago, Ditch Jigger said:

And the town only gets a fraction of what they spend back in sales tax revenue from the state. Do you have any idea of what the assessments are on some of those houses along the Canal, or with Canal views? How much the owners pay directly to the town in property taxes? The cops and selectmen know, and they listen to them.

I lived in that town for more years than you've been alive. I know how things work. 

Ok, you dont have to be a jerk. It's just a guess.