LIsurf631

Epic trip to the CCC

Rate this topic

500 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, levari said:

Not getting the connection. Everyone is talking about the poor state of the stripers and the Canal is the killing ground of the breed.

 

 

 

Comm season takes 35,000 breeders. What do you think, just a couple days on the canal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 mins ago, Eagles Dare said:

 

Comm season takes 35,000 breeders. What do you think, just a couple days on the canal?

Assume you are right, one wrong does not justify another ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, crazybellringer said:

 

Dudes are riding around towing stripers with rope on their bikes like its the ****ing wild west  cowboys draging indians behind their horse. 

 

 

 

cowboy.jpg

 

 

 

place is bull ****ttt

 

 

punch.gif

 

 

 

:rav:

Never saw that on the canal

5 hours ago, The Riddler said:

Dup post 

Worth saying more than once. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ditchbag said:

Lets not stop there lets stop all shore fishing for all species. Why just stop stop at closing the canal?

I agree any place that is great fishing,any place that it's crowded or loud or hard to find a parking spot or has a few people doing bad things close it down. Does this really make sense? Jeez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Never saw that on the canal

 

A horse getting punched or a turd draging his fish behind his bike  because he din't bring his fish scaler to his illegal campground in the parking lot. 

 

I have seen both. 

Edited by crazybellringer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cpalms said:

Might as well just close Montauk and Block Island too.  Losing access is a very slippery slope.  Catch and release only, barbless single hooks, no taking fish out of the water, etc would be much better for fisherman.

Like I mentioned in my previous post, the canal is like a funnel...No similarity with Montauk or Block Island.

But I agree with you.

Whatever it takes to protect the fishery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, snapper1 said:

Like I mentioned in my previous post, the canal is like a funnel...No similarity with Montauk or Block Island.

But I agree with you.

Whatever it takes to protect the fishery.

Even ONE LESS angler pressuring the striper stocks in the ditch would help, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know we have killed off species for greed before......but never thought we might do it for glory. Internet reports may not have totally ruined fishing. But it sure made the overall experience much worst than it was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 mins ago, Southcoastphil said:

Even ONE LESS angler pressuring the striper stocks in the ditch would help, no?

Of course.

I do not fish the ditch.

Did it.

Will never do it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 mins ago, snapper1 said:

Of course.

I do not fish the ditch.

Did it.

Will never do it again.

I'm with you. Too artificial. To those that flyfish, in my mind it's the equivalent of the toilet bowl on the Frying Pan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 mins ago, ken r said:

I'm with you. Too artificial. To those that flyfish, in my mind it's the equivalent of the toilet bowl on the Frying Pan.

Not sure if I get it.

I'm an opportunistic fisherman.

I do use flyfishing equipment, but I also use spinning equipment.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 mins ago, snapper1 said:

Not sure if I get it.

I'm an opportunistic fisherman.

I do use flyfishing equipment, but I also use spinning equipment.

 

 

If you've fished the headwaters of the Frying Pan river in Colorado, you'd get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.