LIsurf631

Epic trip to the CCC

Rate this topic

315 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, PlumFishing said:

Very nice! That’s a monster. 

(Love your slippers)

And thanks for volunteering to be an instructor. Think I’ve said it before, but worth mentioning again. Probably many people out and about during deer season who owe you a debt of gratitude. 

Thanks.

It is very rewarding to help people that are interested and passionate about hunting. I get more satisfaction helping someone with their first deer than “just another” deer for me. 

10 hours ago, ged said:

I drove a Prius for work for like 5 years (and 180K miles). Many dead deer were transported with this car

IMG_E2386.JPG

IMG_2421.JPG

I have to say, its not very often that I see something for the first time. 

13 hours ago, JButts said:

@nateD do you agree that the striper population is in dire shape?

I do, but I don't think this guy killed dozens by catching and releasing 100 fish, which is what you said.

18 hours ago, LIsurf631 said:

On LI hunting spots are sacred. Very few spots and we have monsters down here. Unfortunately a lot of people don’t follow hunting ethics. Lotta poaching and hunting over bait which is BS

Just wondering if you could post some photos, and maps of where you hunt? Places to eat etc. Thinking of hitting LI to hunt this year and need some local intel. You don't mind sharing like you did with the canal video? Thanks. After all, it's a big island 118 miles long, so there should be plenty of space for others not to crowd each other.

58 mins ago, JButts said:

Ok thank you for admitting that. This is a serious situation. 

I'm not "admitting" anything, never denied that the stripers are in trouble

Butts said:

"Did you take all 100 stripers out of the water? Dozens of them likely died."

So you tell this guy he's killing dozens of fish because he took them out of the water

That guy doesn't know

Inluding saying specifically he doesn't know how to handle fish

I was obviously speaking generally to the general point you were making about how long it generally takes to take a photograph of a fish, in general. The OP's video doesn't show any of the landing and releases because he clearly isn't infatuated with himself like many other members of his generation. 

And then all of a sudden you are "generally" speaking about the way most people handle fish at the canal.

Do you still think he killed dozens of fish or what?

Edited by nateD

1 hour ago, nateD said:

I'm not "admitting" anything, never denied that the stripers are in trouble

Butts said:

"Did you take all 100 stripers out of the water? Dozens of them likely died."

So you tell this guy he's killing dozens of fish because he took them out of the water

Inluding saying specifically he doesn't know how to handle fish

And then all of a sudden you are "generally" speaking about the way most people handle fish at the canal.

Do you still think he killed dozens of fish or what?

He exaggerated to make his point, lets not get to crazy about it. On the high end of mortality rate estimations it is plausible that a poor handler in adverse conditions could kill 24 out of 100. Exaggeration yes, worth getting worked up about....ehhh.

50 mins ago, Ba Ba Buoy said:

He exaggerated to make his point, lets not get to crazy about it. On the high end of mortality rate estimations it is plausible that a poor handler in adverse conditions could kill 24 out of 100. Exaggeration yes, worth getting worked up about....ehhh.

I’m not getting worked up about anything, just don’t agree with or get his “point.” Obviously if you are putting big fish on the boga and dicking around with them for 15 minutes that fish doesn’t have much chance, but the op’s pictures and video show no signs of that.

My mistake, I thought you were working yourself into a frenzy over a minor discrepancy. Glad to hear it's not a big deal. A lot of over reaction in this thread towards folks just trying to offer some perspective. Gunna put on a different blouse and drive my Prius to Pole 20 and catch the blitz... 

giphy.gif

Let's move on. The important point has been agreed on: this is a very serious situation and something needs to be done about it wherever possible, including handling of huge female bass. You social media like count s not more important than our striper populations.

On 8/14/2019 at 2:59 PM, HugeDinghy said:

im telling you that you should silence yourself. no way you only hear about you being an annoying dooowsh here. people around you have been telling you that your whole life. don't front. 

:laugh: