LIsurf631

Epic trip to the CCC

Rate this topic

315 posts in this topic

8 mins ago, LIsurf631 said:

Thank you. But honestly there are no burn spots here. You ride your bike and you can hit any part of the canal at any time. 

I understand your excitement and overwhelming experience from this trip. But many people will be able to figure out exactly where you were fishing from some of the back ground pictures.  

The cheers are spectacular to the people fishing that have never experience the CCC but they are unwanted disturbance for the people that are sleeping close by in there house. 

21 mins ago, BrianBM said:

We do try to avoid disclosing too much information about spots, especially in overcrowded locations like the CCC.

That said, I'm a bit concerned about the amount of time that the fish - and most of these seem to be the same fish - spent out of the water. 

I'm with you and appreciate your approach vs. simply coming in and criticizing & telling people you don't know what to do.

I see no evidence these fish were out of the water more than any other fish that was CPR'd in the canal though.

19 mins ago, young said:

I understand your excitement and overwhelming experience from this trip. But many people will be able to figure out exactly where you were fishing from some of the back ground pictures.  

The cheers are spectacular to the people fishing that have never experience the CCC but they are unwanted disturbance for the people that are sleeping close by in there house. 

I was there those days and every parking spot anywhere near there was taken so I would hardly put it all on this one angler.

I'm also sure you're acutely aware that these "spots" change with each day/tide/time during any particular tide etc.... so the argument that that area is burned is a bit absurd.

7 mins ago, jdr724 said:

I was there those days and every parking spot anywhere near there was taken so I would hardly put it all on this one angler.

I'm also sure you're acutely aware that these "spots" change with each day/tide/time during any particular tide etc.... so the argument that that area is burned is a bit absurd.

Fair point.

6 mins ago, jdr724 said:

Anyone posting pictures should be mindful of the content in the picture.  Especially pictures that have obvious background that people can figure out where one was fishing. 

58 mins ago, young said:

Not sure where this annoying practice started. But it's gotten so bad that earplugs are now required equipment, just like bug spray. 

And they're going to get parking areas closed down. Would you want people screaming near your property at 3-4 am?

Someone wise said just "Shut up and fish".  

1 hour ago, BrianBM said:

We do try to avoid disclosing too much information about spots, especially in overcrowded locations like the CCC.

That said, I'm a bit concerned about the amount of time that the fish - and most of these seem to be the same fish - spent out of the water. 

As much fun as I was having, it was sad to see the massive amount of bass being taken

56 mins ago, LIsurf631 said:

As much fun as I was having, it was sad to see the massive amount of bass being taken

Posting videos is not going decrease people fiahing the canal, or keeping fish there m, but it certainly may motivate more people to go there