LIsurf631

Epic trip to the CCC

Rate this topic

346 posts in this topic

9 mins ago, ken r said:

100% truth. ^^^

Personally, there is no more fun in the world to be found than fishing a new area and doing well. Sounds like you're annoyed that the OP came to "your" waters and carved it up.

He even got criticized for casting to Breaking fish saying that it's so easy .isn't that the dream of every fisherman to be casting to Breaking fish. He picked a good time and a good place and they had a good time end of story

2 hours ago, aglenn said:

Well this is one of the more annoying posts I've seen. I have buddies in long Island that have been sending me pics of great fish all season long, yet everyone fishing the CCC is from new york... I love fishing, but will never understand making that drive when you probably live minutes from the water and have access to bigger fish tha we catch on the cape...

Serious questions. Why do they send you these pictures? Do they take a picture every time they catch a good fish knowing it puts the fish at higher risk? Wouldn't a simple 'update' like caught some good fish at some location in a text message suffice? I'm sure you have seen and handled a number of fish and would be just fine without all of these pictures.

Best to keep big breeders in the water if releasing them. Of course if you want to keep them go do the picture thing. And if you keep more than your limit make sure you hide them in the rocks somewhere. Give the locals bad looks when they are gawking at your poaching activities. Scream a lot in the dark. It's considered traditional. The locals often will wake up and scream back at you to celebrate your successes with you. Urinate wherever. Don't worry about it everyone's doing it. 

Edited by JButts

3 hours ago, Ditch Dog said:

It's all about attention, self gratification, and entitlement. Nothing more important in this world than ME!!
Really,,,,,LOOK AT ME!!!!! LOOK!!

For me its really not about that. I film and take pictures to re live a great moment in my life. And I get joy out of sharing a fun experience with people who have the same interests as I do. Ok i wasnt thinking about spot burning when i shared the picture so shoot me. 

23 mins ago, JButts said:

Urinate wherever. Don't worry about it everyone's doing it. 

Just wondering, when you fish at night in the Canal and nature calls. where are you urinating? 

Are you packing your gear and and take a ride to 24 x 7 Dunkin Donut  or some public John few miles away ? 

I am am not familiar with the Canal but this question is always on my mind when I plan a trip.

2 mins ago, levari said:

Just wondering, when you fish at night in the Canal and nature calls. where are you urinating? 

Are you packing your gear and and take a ride to 24 x 7 Dunkin Donut  or some public John few miles away ? 

I am am not familiar with the Canal but this question is always on my mind when I plan a trip.

In the water if possible. You don't want to leave marks or smells. The reason is that those sorts of things will be counted against anglers, leading to closures. Bigger issue on beaches where people will sit next to or on top of your semi-dry urine pool the next day and notice it. It won't take DNA to figure who did it--the guys fishing at night. 

1 hour ago, ged said:

So If I fish RI and do well I should post a video here a few days later on the main forum? Albie season is here :)

You're not over this yet ? If you are that mad why don't you confront people down at the canal and do something about it. Better yet next time im down there and you recognize me you can whine to my face. You just don't let up. You're making yourself look jealous sore. I had good intentions with this post and maybe i made a mistake. So what.

7 mins ago, LIsurf631 said:

For me its really not about that. I film and take pictures to re live a great moment in my life. And I get joy out of sharing a fun experience with people who have the same interests as I do. Ok i wasnt thinking about spot burning when i shared the picture so shoot me. 

Ok but I think what some of the people here are trying to get across is that right striper population is plummeting. Bad times on the horizon. Major bummer. These days it's important to not take big breeders out of the water because that decreases chance of survival. Aside from that, I applaud the calm way you have dealt with the variety of criticism here. 

1 min ago, JButts said:

Ok but I think what some of the people here are trying to get across is that right striper population is plummeting. Bad times on the horizon. Major bummer. These days it's important to not take big breeders out of the water because that decreases chance of survival. Aside from that, I applaud the calm way you have dealt with the variety of criticism here. 

I'm not the guy hooting and hollering, killing fish, urinating, or sleeping in my car. I've taken over 100 stripers in the last year and released every one of them. Guys down there were begging me not to let the fish go and i ignored them.I spent good money at CBT and a bunch of different restaurants. I'm not "that" guy. And yes people on here are beating this to death thats why I sent a PM to the admin asking him to delete the post.

So I see the Wimpering has not stopped. Back to my question what did more damage a picture with a bridge in background. Or the information you can get online even on this site about the canal in specific detail about what tackle to use times to go and tides . Spot burning is a term of the past if you really think about it like VHS . Everyone has phones now days there are no real secrets to the canal anymore. I believe everyone on this site truly enjoys the sport of fishing. But why not work together to fix some of the major problems then bash minor ones . Just my 2 cents . I’m sure some of you will sit down with your partners and drink a Latte and Bash me for this . But enough is enough 

I think now is a good time to lock this thread...

Taking pictures for memories to re-live them is perfectly fine.  I just don't get the entire instagram/facebook thing. 

3 mins ago, LIsurf631 said:

I'm not the guy hooting and hollering, killing fish, urinating, or sleeping in my car. I've taken over 100 stripers in the last year and released every one of them. Guys down there were begging me not to let the fish go and i ignored them.I spent good money at CBT and a bunch of different restaurants. I'm not "that" guy. And yes people on here are beating this to death thats why I sent a PM to the admin asking him to delete the post.

Did you take all 100 stripers out of the water? Dozens of them likely died.