coastalfreak

Finally took a plunge on a Fish Finder

9 posts in this topic

Well, I didn't. :rav:

My brother bought me one for my birthday. It's a Garmin Striker 4 CHRIP with the little transportation pack. 

I can't wait to mount it on the Ascend 10T.

I got the same FF, and mounted the sponge thing inside the hull of my sit-in. It takes about 1 minute to pass the transducer thru, put some water in the sponger thing, and then push the transducer into the cut-out.

How will you mount your transducer?

LateralLine: do you just let it drift overboard while padding/peddling?

13 hours ago, Livefreeordie said:

I got the same FF, and mounted the sponge thing inside the hull of my sit-in. It takes about 1 minute to pass the transducer thru, put some water in the sponger thing, and then push the transducer into the cut-out.

How will you mount your transducer?

LateralLine: do you just let it drift overboard while padding/peddling?

Hello, I use it where I'm rowing or with the electric motor. I drag it slowly. When I'm moving a distance I pull it in. But you'll get to know your depth and when you're dragging at speed the angle you read is behind the boat. Your depth won't be accurate, but you'll see the bottom and features clearly. Great for portability. When drifting it's pretty accurare.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I've been running a Striker 4 on my Lure 11.5  for a couple of years now. IMHO, that is one of the best inexpensive sonar/GPS combo's made.  I've got larger and more expensive  combo's on my power boats but the little Striker is everything I need on a yak.  Good clear resolution (even in bright sun), Simple  and intuitive operation and /spot marking, not plauged with a bunch of uselessly anoying features and alarms,.. Sips juice too. I can run mine for days on a gang of 10 AA batteries.  I'm sure it will serve you well for many years to come!    

IMG_20190717_153714785.jpg

Edited by WeeHooker