Mandoborg

New Janet Messineo book

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

Hey folks, I  just finished ' Casting into the light' by Janet Messineo. This book is Fantastic ! Thankfully NOT another ' how to catch striped bass'  , tides, moons, lures , etc..... she could have surely written one , but an honest and entertaining look at 40 years worth of Vinyard fishing, The Derby and it's ' characters' , but most importantly it's about living a life while fishing.  Something a LOT of striper fisherman don't do.....I have damn near every book written on striper fishing, and this one just went very, very close to the top of my list. It's extremely well written and enjoyable. Again what I liked most about it, was hearing about her life , the ups and downs. I'm so glad she wrote this book, and even happier that she's living the life she's living. If you only read one book this year...make it this one.... N.F.I. heck I've never even met her.... but compared to all the other books, this one offers something very different. In a sport FILLED with B.S. artist, it's nice to read a refreshing , honest book on the subject.  Want to know hot to catch stripers ?..... put your time in and GO FISHING !!!

thank you Mandoborg, my new book Casting into the Light is doing so well with not just fishermen but with those who never fished before. My book signings have been incredible and I am meeting wonderful people. I will be on the Cape on August 14th at the Yellow Umbrella book store in Chatham. Hope to see many friends there. 

2 hours ago, itwas1 said:

thank you Mandoborg, my new book Casting into the Light is doing so well with not just fishermen but with those who never fished before. My book signings have been incredible and I am meeting wonderful people. I will be on the Cape on August 14th at the Yellow Umbrella book store in Chatham. Hope to see many friends there. 

Just ordered it today. Looking forward to reading it.

J:wag:n

Hi Janet, it’s Steve McKenna. I just wanted to say hi and to tell you your new book is excellent. I am 3/4s of the way through it. The book brought back a lot of memories for me as I “grew up “surf fishing very similar to you. Thank you for writing the book, Steve

Edited by VanStaalSteve

Just finished it. Good read. Only been to MV once but it was nice to be familiar with some of the areas she writes about. Must have been awesome to have been there during the big fish days.

Getting prepared to speak at Demo Day in Clinton on January 25th. I am excited to meet everyone and reunite with all the Ct surfcasters that I already know. I am also speaking at the  RIssa monthly meeting on January 27th in Rhode Island. It's going to be a busy winter. * The reviews on my new book  Casting into the Light have been incredible. I was hoping my book would be enjoyed but I had no idea how much everyone, fisherman and not fisherman, are loving it. See you all soon

jeanne shepard photo of me.jpg

Fly by Night.jpg

Edited by TimS
link to commercial site removed