Live bunker & THE LARGE!

Rate this topic

GermanBassMan

Man am I tired. After working 14 hours yesterday, I still had the urge to fish last night and I'm glad I did! Got to my favorite outgoing tide spots and was shocked at was happening! Bunkers were flying clear out of the water and large bass crashing thru them like they had'nt eaten in a year. Snagged a livie and tossed into the striper jacuzzi and was crushed the instant it hit the water. 2 nice runs and a few kind words to the big guy upstairs later, it was over. Weighed in at 45.4lbs, 32"girth, belly looked like it was gonna pop from all the bunkies she had eaten. I still am am having trouble posting pics, so I emailed one to Tim, hopefully he'll put it up. Bed time now, I really need it. biggrin.gif

------------------

Baubus5@aol.com

Originally Posted by Mike P: "August 29--a date that lives in striper infamy."

(*member formerly known as 'DaveS')

Dave,

Congrats on such a quality fish. A "striper jacuzzi"? That's the stuff that very pleasant dreams are made of...

Just imagine how happy you would be if you lost everything you have in life and then suddenly got it back
SOL Member #101

Nice fish Dave, forgive me but where you at? Thats my only complaint about this site - I can't remember where all you guys come from.I'm guessing Jersey, and hopng the big bunkers make it up to Ct., nothing but peanuts last year- mostly.

Say what you want about baitfishing, livelining bunkers is EXCITING aint it? Click,click,click,click, ZING!

Way to go Dave....your story about bass crashing large bunker is so reminiscent of 20 years or more ago when large bunker were everywhere and simply were the best striper bait available, including eels..

A great fish. Congratulations.

Harry