TBD

Reward / Stolen Kayak

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

On 8/8/2019 at 1:38 AM, TBD said:

He will be caught.

Report it to the police. Get it on record. This is super important should you need to call the police to help recover the kayak.

How did they take it? Did they take it from on top of the car in a public area or from your property?

I’m on yaks in LIS all week and will be on the lookout. Every owner of a yak should write some identifying info with a Sharpie below deck where it’s not easy to see. Kayak serial numbers can be easily destroyed.

Really chitty .. nothing more disgraceful then thief’s .. hope this has a happy ending .. good luck .. I regularly hawking Craig’s list and let go for fishing stuff , will keep an eye out 

18 hours ago, TroutGhost said:

How did they take it? Did they take it from on top of the car in a public area or from your property?

My Kid went out to fish a fluke bite he's been on for weeks. Came back and the lock he uses would not engage as it was corroded having been in the salt air for several summers. Left the yak between the road and the bay and ran to the house to put the his catch on ice, look or another lock and put the pedals inside. Came back out and it was gone. I give him points on thinking to bring the pedals in.

Being that this happened last Sunday and I have been working all week - Tomorrow I am off and will purchase him another yak. Most likely another Hobie and we have the pedals which are pricy. 

Edited by TBD

14 hours ago, Sandflee said:

best of luck getting the Yak Back TBD

Thanks! I really would like it back.

Edited by TBD

Sorry to hear. That is terrible. I'll keep my eyes peeled. Keep us updated on how it works out. You mentioned the area has decent security. If you haven't gotten the camera footage, make sure you do fast as I think some cameras don't hold onto the footage for a long time. I am not sure though. Would guess someone would have needed to take this with a car. Camera footage gives you make / model and potentially license plate. 

Would also ask neighbors if they have cameras or those fancy doorbell systems. Would make sense to check with houses on the way in / out where the door points toward the road and could capture passing cars (even if it is a little far away from your place, as long as it is on a chokepoint). You have time and date so shouldn't be hard to pin point when it could appear in footage if you can get the footage.

Street thugs and crooks stand little chance in the digital age. 

Would also make sure you report it to the police as stolen if you haven't. 

Edited by Blank Disc