cashews121

Field 6

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

Just now, baldadonis2002 said:

Also.... Field 6  my guy?   

what do you think you're catchin at Field 6 my guy ?

my guy?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Yes. I also wouldn’t touch field 6 during beach season, but I’m a grouch who hates fishing crowded areas lol. 

Get an empire pass, if you go to state parks at least  8x a year it’s worth it. I’ve had some good days at field 6 when the sand eels are in.

Edited by C.Robin

Posted (edited) · Report post

Plus

After sunset, night fishing permit is required.

Why would you think there is no charge for field 6?

Edited by Popasilov

Didn't you guys see news12… lets all go kayak out bait in the bathing area.

Those thick girls from Queens will think you're awesome and want photos with you and your catch.

6 is ocean, 10 is bay, both different styles of fishing.  Both immensely popular, so expect slim pickings as it gets hit.  The mosquitos are getting worse and moving east so be prepared for that.  I used to enjoy 10 as it was kid-friendly and if the weather turned, the car was nearby.  But it has been hammered by the kill-everything-you-catch crew out of Queens, so don't have high expectations.  As for the beaches in that area, if you can walk then walk it, look at low tide during the day, take notes, and see what bait is visible.  Look out for birds and blitzes.  Then come back and walk it again, use a prospecting lure.  If it sucks, move on.  But if you can't walk (my knees are starting to go, so I can sympathize) then I'd advise keep driving, west or east.  That area gets hammered, by some really good fellas too, so it may be an exercise in futility. 

On 8/5/2019 at 10:47 AM, baldadonis2002 said:

Also.... Field 6  my guy?   

what do you think you're catchin at Field 6 my guy ?

Over the years, personally: Striped bass, bluefish, weakfish, fluke, black drum, red drum and cobia besides the countless junk fish: Star gazers, sea robin, sun dials sand sharks, brown sharks, sand tigers, skates, various rays and even a 3 pound winter flounder. 

6 is all about the soft structure that is constantly moving. 

Keep track of it and improve your odds considerably. 

On 8/5/2019 at 2:04 PM, C.Robin said:

Yes. I also wouldn’t touch field 6 during beach season, but I’m a grouch who hates fishing crowded areas lol. 

6 is a good day spot and a great night spot. Although a bit of a hike, old 9 and points east are quiet during the day. 

3 hours ago, Fishing_NYC said:

is fishing around field 10 any better?

Great pier fishing. Drifting chunks and live lining snappers close to but off the bottom at night is stupid easy and productive. I’ve chummed with bellies there as if I was tied to the ABB. 

Reynolds Wrap can be an issue. Use stout gear.

rreelman is right- If you are 62 or over, from Monday thru Friday  daytime parking at Jones Beach is free. All  you have to do is show your driver’s license at the parking lot. (I would guess that holidays are not included))

Field 10 is a great spot to drink a cold one and watch people NOT catch fish.

This time of year is great for kids, take a snapper rod with a small hook and 1 ounce weight and drop bits of clam straight down under the pier and the kids will catch baby Sea Bass non stop.

Can't even count to 10 before your bait is gone or you have a fish on.