bob_G

Recent EPO canal bust

Rate this topic

73 posts in this topic

15 mins ago, GuiltyAsCharged said:

Who would receive said money that is trustworthy enough to put it toward improving fishing in Mass?

ME!

Actually, you have a very valid question and it is sad that we cannot trust the government to do what it is supposed to do. Think about all the millions they collect now in Saltwater license fees and they make a big deal every other year or so when they spend $250K to improve an old or build an new boat ramp.

JC

1 min ago, jason colby said:

ME!

Actually, you have a very valid question and it is sad that we cannot trust the government to do what it is supposed to do. Think about all the millions they collect now in Saltwater license fees and they make a big deal every other year or so when they spend $250K to improve an old or build an new boat ramp.

JC

Couldn't agree more with this. Sad.

4 hours ago, jason colby said:

ME!

JC

Jason when the salt water license was being discussed I made a presentation to some of the members on the committee to not have all of the money stay within  The division Of marine Fisheries ,But take some portion of the money[25%] and apply it to law enforcement. Needles to say that was never ever given any consideration and now today we are seeing after affects of not giving the Environmental police more operating funding to hire enough officers to enforce the regulations being imposed upon them by the Division of marine Fisheries.  That would have included hiring officers that actually could speak the various languages of those who now are a serious threat to this fishery because of the lack of education as to how the laws help each of us that fish to keep it healthy

7 hours ago, jason colby said:

ME!

JC

Where does the money go?  Does anyone know how many licenses are sold?  Say it’s 200,000 licenses. At $10 each that’s 2 million dollars that is supposed to go to fishing related projects. Where are these projects?

46 mins ago, z-man said:

Where does the money go?  Does anyone know how many licenses are sold?  Say it’s 200,000 licenses. At $10 each that’s 2 million dollars that is supposed to go to fishing related projects. Where are these projects?

In the old days, unless designated otherwise, the money all went into the Commonwealth's notorious black hole called, the general fund. :v:

1 hour ago, bob_G said:

In the old days, unless designated otherwise, the money all went into the Commonwealth's notorious black hole called, the general fund. :v:

Probably still does. 

On 8/5/2019 at 7:18 PM, bob_G said:

This is what several of us here have been beating the drum about all summer. There were folks who denied it was happening to this extent. Said this was fear mongering.  But clearly it wasn't.  These guys were getting bolder by the day. If you were out middle of the night you couldn't miss it.

Doesn’t feel good when people don’t want to listen when your trying to sound the alarm....seems familiar for some reason. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

17 mins ago, Tailslap said:

Doesn’t feel good when people don’t want to listen when your trying to sound the alarm....seems familiar for some reason. 

Edited by bob_G
Been a long day, not worth wasting the energy..

10 hours ago, z-man said:

All this is fairly easily found on the internet.

Look up the Marine Recreational Fisheries Development Fund.   According to their meeting minutes, in 2018: 187,255 permits were sold which accounted for a $1.45 million in revenue.  That, plus federal reimbursements, donations, and balance carry over led to a projected $3.37 million balance for FY2020.

According to their documents permitting issues cause most of the problems as far as their access and development projects go.

9 hours ago, bob_G said:
Been a long day, not worth wasting the energy..

Doesn't take a lot of energy to say you may have misjudged past decisions. 

5 hours ago, Ba Ba Buoy said:

Doesn't take a lot of energy to say you may have misjudged past decisions. 

takes even less energy to ignore the same tired posts... 

3 hours ago, jettyjockey18 said:

takes even less energy to ignore the same tired posts... 

Speaking of tired, how many times you said that? I'll bet many are just as weary of your "this is tiring"  follow up posts. Were you advising me to ignore it or yourself? Either way, its not working out. :shrug:

22 hours ago, bob_G said:

Once again the money from the salt water permits are all placed in the dedicated fund operated totally by the Division Of Marine Fisheries.

The same applies for those who purchase fresh water permits. 100% stayes with eh Division of fish and wild life  Non of these funding sources are placed in the general fund to operate any other state function:howdy: The present way the laws were written only those two divisions get to use any of this money

1 min ago, Angler #1 said:

Once again the money from the salt water permits are all placed in the dedicated fund operated totally by the Division Of Marine Fisheries.

The same applies for those who purchase fresh water permits. 100% stayes with eh Division of fish and wild life  Non of these funding sources are placed in the general fund to operate any other state function:howdy: The present way the laws were written only those two divisions get to use any of this money

I know it is Carl. I read the article too. I was being facetious. If you noticed I was careful to begin my post by saying "in the old days". :)

13 hours ago, Jonesy02719 said:

All this is fairly easily found on the internet.

Look up the Marine Recreational Fisheries Development Fund.   According to their meeting minutes, in 2018: 187,255 permits were sold which accounted for a $1.45 million in revenue.  That, plus federal reimbursements, donations, and balance carry over led to a projected $3.37 million balance for FY2020.

According to their documents permitting issues cause most of the problems as far as their access and development projects go.

I saw this sign while exploring in Yarmouth today so they do actually build some stuff with the money.  I was surprised to see it. 

565EEDFA-E0D0-4CDF-9BDF-0A96CB6A8770.jpeg