bob_G

Recent EPO canal bust

Rate this topic

73 posts in this topic

8 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

do both, plus a good noogie. 

I bet you would like to volunteer to do both, as long as someone else held them.

Arresting officer, prosecutor , judge, jury and executioner all rolled into one person, would save a lot of time and money.

1 min ago, AlwaysWading said:

I'd like to see the link , just wondering what violation warranted the arrest

It's on the Ma EPOs FB page. It doesn't specify the nature of the violation which led to the arrest. I'm surprised no mention has been made in the local paper?

1 hour ago, bob_G said:

It's on the Ma EPOs FB page. It doesn't specify the nature of the violation which led to the arrest. I'm surprised no mention has been made in the local paper?

I remember reading about an arrest up in N. jersey a while back, but it was due to a confrontation between the officer and the violator

17 hours ago, Ba Ba Buoy said:

Saw 2 EPO's making a bust at the Bournedale lot at around 8am this am, another EPO at halfway gate 5 minutes later, and saw a third one at another lot on the way home. Way to go boys, lovin the crackdown! :th::th:

Most excellent!

Impound their gear on the spot, including their vehicles, and provide them with the phone number of a few taxi services to get home.

Anybody have any idea what it would take to allow them to confiscate the vehicles as well? Now that would put a hurt on anyone !!!!

Good job guys, and yes give them a pat on the back when you see them too.

3 hours ago, Ditch Jigger said:

Impound their gear on the spot, including their vehicles, and provide them with the phone number of a few taxi services to get home.

this IMO is the best possible solution to the current problem.  Impound everything and charge them with conspiracy to violate the Lacey Act.   put the confiscated gear, vehicles, boats, whatever in secure commercial storage till they have their day in court. Then allow lesser violations to pay for the storage and retrieve their equipment. The longer it takes for their "Day in Court" the better.  ( as far as storage fees go) 

11 hours ago, FizzyFish said:

this IMO is the best possible solution to the current problem.  Impound everything and charge them with conspiracy to violate the Lacey Act.   put the confiscated gear, vehicles, boats, whatever in secure commercial storage till they have their day in court. Then allow lesser violations to pay for the storage and retrieve their equipment. The longer it takes for their "Day in Court" the better.  ( as far as storage fees go) 

One step better:

After convicted, sell their gear on Ebay and use the money to improve recreational fishing in Massachusetts.

I was told this today on the canal, and was wondering if anyone can confirm it.   I was told that in the most recent canal bust, one of the major violators was apprehended in the BSP.

6 hours ago, jason colby said:

One step better:

After convicted, sell their gear on Ebay and use the money to improve recreational fishing in Massachusetts.

Who would receive said money that is trustworthy enough to put it toward improving fishing in Mass?