bob_G

Recent EPO canal bust

Rate this topic

73 posts in this topic

50 mins ago, Ba Ba Buoy said:

Saw 2 EPO's making a bust at the Bournedale lot at around 8am this am, another EPO at halfway gate 5 minutes later, and saw a third one at another lot on the way home. Way to go boys, lovin the crackdown! :th::th:

I’ll bet at least 2 or all of those were the result of compliant fisherman or jealous poachers calling in. Keep em on speed dial and record if necessary. 

2 hours ago, aglenn said:

There were 50 illegal fish confiscated?!?!?  Holy crap idk if im just an idiot or oblivious but i never thought it was happening to that level. I havent ever really seen many illegal fishing activities, but im aware they happen of course. This is mind blowing to me that in one place and on one night there were 50 illegal fish confiscated. I want to know how many different people were involved. Hopefully it wasnt just one guy because if one guy can catch 50 fish even in the most epic of blitzes that means i really suck at fishing and should start golfing

This is what several of us here have been beating the drum about all summer. There were folks who denied it was happening to this extent. Said this was fear mongering.  But clearly it wasn't.  These guys were getting bolder by the day. If you were out middle of the night you couldn't miss it.

^^Absolutely. Anyone who doubts the extent of what is going on or just wants to get educated should pay a visit after dark on the right tide in the right spot. A similar volume of illegally caught fish has been taken for weeks so this is nothing unusual. And much of it is destined for backdoor sale, not just commercial stacking. 

I'm never there during the day, but I'm sure some of it goes on then too to a certain extent.

And yes, people are leaving comments on the Mass EPO FB site thanking them.

Wow what a bummer. Sucks that such a awesome place has this stuff going on.  I live on cape cod and I have not been back there in a few years.  The disrespect to the fish and all the littering is why.  Last time I went there a few years ago the place was totally trashed.  So much garbage all over the rip rap.  Same people who are poaching are probably the ones leaving loads of trash.  Throw em all in the penitentiary! 

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 hours ago, Malsow said:

Boat fishing under RR bridge now. 2 rods out. Just mentioned it to EPO. We'll see what happens.

I watched them lol 3 clowns in a orange and white dual console. Might of been brown and white. They trolled down all the way from the radar station or at least that's as far as I could see them for.

Edited by SalmonAndStriper Stalker

3 hours ago, bob_G said:

This is what several of us here have been beating the drum about all summer. There were folks who denied it was happening to this extent. Said this was fear mongering.  But clearly it wasn't.  These guys were getting bolder by the day. If you were out middle of the night you couldn't miss it.

Lot of EP out and about tonight. Seems like theyre becoming aware. Im still in shock. Appreciate you sharing this info

5 hours ago, SalmonAndStriper Stalker said:

I watched them lol 3 clowns in a orange and white dual console. Might of been brown and white. They trolled down all the way from the radar station or at least that's as far as I could see them for.

Other than a group of guys on a boat yelling at them I'm not sure much more happened to them. I suppose the EPO may have got their registration number. It was a blatant slow troll. 

The past couple weeks there seems to be an increased presence of BPD and rangers on the canal at night. Every night I've fished I've seen both.