Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flylikabird

Tom Brady Gets Paid

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

The New England Patriots lock up Brady for 2 years at 70 million dollars.   The team still has 13 million to go on the cap this year I believe.   

What ya think...good contract or bad?

I'm in favor of it and he should end his career here.

5d48392f4b5b3_TB122019.jpg.a5b93a94bf6d99b00bec7bb81cab7056.jpg

I admire Brady for how great he has been and happy to see him locked in for another "year", still I think it's a bad business move. 35 mil a year for two years at his age nope, 35 mil for this season yes, and if and only if he has another great year AND is healthy then and only then extend it for another year at 35 mil. He's an old man as far as football goes, 70 million is a lot of loot for an old man.

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 hours ago, Bass Ackwards said:

I admire Brady for how great he has been and happy to see him locked in for another "year", still I think it's a bad business move. 35 mil a year for two years at his age nope, 35 mil for this season yes, and if and only if he has another great year AND is healthy then and only then extend it for another year at 35 mil. He's an old man as far as football goes, 70 million is a lot of loot for an old man.

There are 10 QBs that are paid more. Including the rapist.

Brady is making 15 mill salary with 12 & change  million ( non cap) in addition.

Like him or not, he's isn't 't slowing down and has actually improved in the past 7 years over his first 10 years.

Edited by iphish

He really didn’t get paid.

In reality it’s a one year deal (this year) that pays him about $23 million guaranteed.

The only thing he got was an agreement to not put a franchise tag on him next spring which will open the door for him to test free agency for the first time in his career if they can’t figure something out then.

This is simply how the Pats do things, even with GOATS.

TB is not happy, see his presser earlier today.

CF923D0F-D46D-4B05-8E0D-E2181D5B40C6.jpeg

odd contract and wasn't aware of the void year thing so I had to read up on it. 

seems he got a little extra money for this year while avoiding the tag,  they got to spread it out for cap space, and he's a free agent again after the season. 

much to do about, not nothing, but not much. 

$8M raise this year... that's it... 

I'm amazed at how the Pats can continually convince players to do what's best for the team... I naively thought they'd just throw $60M guaranteed at him for the next 2 years... 

I wouldn't offer him two years, if it was all he'd take obviously that's a different animal. 

his lack of emotion when being interviewed aside, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't want more than year to year at this point.