FunkyColdMedina

4th/Fourth Cliff

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

I’ll be in the area of fourth cliff next week.  Been thinking of surfcasting there but I’ve never fished there, but curious if I can just walk the beach/coast line, or is that off limits?

any other comments or tips on that area are appreciated. 

9 mins ago, FunkyColdMedina said:

I’ll be in the area of fourth cliff next week.  Been thinking of surfcasting there but I’ve never fished there, but curious if I can just walk the beach/coast line, or is that off limits?

any other comments or tips on that area are appreciated. 

Used to go there a lot. My FIL was ex Navy so he could get in. They had been going there since the 60s. The stairs are gone now so you have to walk around in order to get to the beach area. We camped up next to the bunker one yr.  Careful with that North River it really rips going out. 

29 mins ago, gray gables said:

Used to go there a lot. My FIL was ex Navy so he could get in. They had been going there since the 60s. The stairs are gone now so you have to walk around in order to get to the beach area. We camped up next to the bunker one yr.  Careful with that North River it really rips going out. 

Thanks for the input.  Any idea if I can access that spot if I’m walking from the Humarock beach?

5 mins ago, FunkyColdMedina said:

Thanks for the input.  Any idea if I can access that spot if I’m walking from the Humarock beach?

Sure can. Just follow the shoreline. It’s rocky where the river dumps into the ocean. 

1 min ago, gray gables said:

Sure can. Just follow the shoreline. It’s rocky where the river dumps into the ocean. 

Thanks again.  Is there a better approach (like parking) than walking from the beach?

2 hours ago, FunkyColdMedina said:

Thanks again.  Is there a better approach (like parking) than walking from the beach?

There is public parking on the humarock side of the Sea Street bridge.   It’s technically 2 hour parking, so if your plan is to fish during the day, just be mindful of that. It’s a $25 fine if you get hit with it. That is really the only public parking in humarock.  The beach is about a 2 minute walk from there. 

Don’t park in the beach lot unless you have a scituate beach sticker. 

Technically, the public beach in humarock is only a few hundred yards wide - everything else is private. The lifeguards will put cones out during the day, so you’ll be able to identify which area is public. That said, if you’re fishing (or waterfowling or navigating), once you’re below the high tide mark in MA, everything is fair game, even private beach. So as long as you access the beach through the public beach, you’re good to fish the whole coastline below the high tide mark.

I know the area well, so feel free to pm me with questions.

Good striper water right there in tight.  Have been huge schools of pogies not far from beach in past couple weeks, although didnt see any yesterday.  Bass and Tuna have been crushing them.