dleopoldi914

Blues are back in town.....

Rate this topic

47 posts in this topic

Blues showing up and crushing top water......forgot how much fun these fish are.....fun on arials.....and run and fight hard.......

i broke my best pencil a Gibbs original so now christened a keystone pencil, it’s a yellow keystone....

bunker schools are also in, im hoping for bass under the blitzing blues....

do you guys not normally throw wood plugs for blues? 

How is everyone else doing? 

711C3CE4-5AAE-4E1F-8111-FFEE99917B2F.jpeg

6A8F72F0-F1B0-4257-A4DE-CC9F07287ACE.jpeg

6CED5C62-C07D-4B9B-9143-B9465DB34066.jpeg

EEBF92CB-6DE2-41A1-832A-89B5326B5F8F.jpeg

66B392EA-AC5F-4072-B49A-B2DD34354AD8.jpeg

99488AA2-B540-4653-BB2C-C60B6B43D36D.jpeg

F784160C-9CD5-41D4-9C57-D5B1D8AC2B22.jpeg

A4287063-49B8-4357-9C91-403060C7D96E.jpeg

throw an Atom popper with a dressed si wash hook and your good to go. They will take a beating and keep on ticking. Don't waste a good woodie,not needed.

Western sound ,Norwalk area.......

also i forgot how hard they fight and how much they are a pain in the ass with the treble hooks.....I swapped the hardware to look like this 

843611E8-065B-475A-A2D5-43D161C1F8BA.jpeg

Remove belly hook and put single siwash on the tail and crush the barb.

Makes them a whole lot easier to unhook and release.

Here's hoping they come in to shore.

I love fighting big angry bluefish.

37 mins ago, John P said:

throw an Atom popper with a dressed si wash hook and your good to go. They will take a beating and keep on ticking. Don't waste a good woodie,not needed.

This doesn’t destroy the lure it’s just cosmetic right? I have atoms but the pencils do best for the blues. Also a lot of luck with the talking popper....

crocodile with a single rear, roberts ranger/whistler with a single rear - if you can't catch them with one of those two lures they aren't bluefish.  no need to trash good wood or mess around with trebles.

22 hours ago, dleopoldi914 said:

Western sound ,Norwalk area.......

also i forgot how hard they fight and how much they are a pain in the ass with the treble hooks.....I swapped the hardware to look like this 

843611E8-065B-475A-A2D5-43D161C1F8BA.jpeg

Guess I was looking too shallow or too far on the other side. Enjoy the battles!! And smoke 'em if you get 'em!

Plastic... Roberts Whistlers or Rangers, Talking Poppers (loaded or unloaded), etc.  Just change out the rear trebles for a siwash hook.

I should be LLing bunker for 35’ gorillas at this point, but  I’ve only been getting cocktails. I spend plenty of time fishing in LIS around the bunker pods and have not seen anything on them yet.

On 8/4/2019 at 8:43 PM, John P said:

Atoms are fantastic for blues, throws a lot of water to produce plenty of disturbance and pressure waves to get their attention.  I used to use a designated wood lure that was primarily for surfcasting but got banged up too much on rocks for blues, but I'm a bit wiser now and keep my good lures in reserve.