Wilgabeast

surf fishing for sharks

Rate this topic

44 posts in this topic

I tried Friday night at a south side cape beach had one take but he dropped it . Just wondering if anyone can help me with info on the best bait and maybe a good location or two? I'd appreciate it

If you had one on  then it’s a good spot. These aren’t like stripers or bluefish. If you get one or two a night it’s a successful evening. Most nights you won’t even get a run. It’s a long and slow process and a good season is 10 or so fish. Stay at it and look for beaches you can access well after dark. PM me for any non specific spots and details and I would be glad to help. I do this 3-4 nights a week with a group of guys. 

Chunked bluefish.But with the downturn of them it's a personal decision.Mackeral[fresh] too.Dogfish will hit them too so you may hook up those guys.

Dead eel.  Got 'em with Macks.   

I haven't used them but would imagine chunked up False Albacore would work too.

2 hours ago, Dthfrmabove said:

If you had one on  then it’s a good spot. These aren’t like stripers or bluefish. If you get one or two a night it’s a successful evening. Most nights you won’t even get a run. It’s a long and slow process and a good season is 10 or so fish. Stay at it and look for beaches you can access well after dark. PM me for any non specific spots and details and I would be glad to help. I do this 3-4 nights a week with a group of guys. 

I'm not to certain that it was a shark that took my bait . Was using a whole tinker mackerel and the bait came back more crushed then bitten . I'm a die hard striper fisherman. But I must say when that clicker started singing it was an adrenaline rush like no other 

5 mins ago, Wilgabeast said:

I'm not to certain that it was a shark that took my bait . Was using a whole tinker mackerel and the bait came back more crushed then bitten . I'm a die hard striper fisherman. But I must say when that clicker started singing it was an adrenaline rush like no other 

Dogfish !!!!

12 mins ago, Dthfrmabove said:

Dogfish !!!!

That's what I figured ... I was at a Falmouth beach . Is there a trick to picking an area ? We were getting our vast 50-70 yards out . Dead eels makes sense because they are stinky but alot more solid then mackerel helping keep them on the hook with small dog fish Harrassing them

54 mins ago, Wilgabeast said:

That's what I figured ... I was at a Falmouth beach . Is there a trick to picking an area ? We were getting our vast 50-70 yards out . Dead eels makes sense because they are stinky but alot more solid then mackerel helping keep them on the hook with small dog fish Harrassing Them

Falmouth beach or menauhant?

I think I know where you were. Did you cross the bridge and fish the lot that the gate closes. Or did you fish on the right jetty On the beach wherethe gate stays open all night

58 mins ago, bob_G said:

We all should pay attention to this thread. This may be all we'll be fishing for in the near future.

Sure beats fishing shoulder to shoulder at 2 am,usually have the beach to ourselves