atv223

Nose cart

6 posts in this topic

WUUNe0j.jpgI made this cart to help with loading and unloading. I used to use the rug trick under the nose , but in order to get the kayak out of it's storage spot, I needed to move it upside down for about 25 feet, the rug wasn't ideal.  The added bonus with this is that it stabilizes the front end since it's not pivoting on the tip and it gives you something to grab onto when you lift the front.

If it helps you move the kayak, it’s priceless. I used one at Jbay in 2011 with a fully loaded kayak. Used in conjunction with a scupper cart, it made that long, nose heavy walk across the tarmac almost effortless.

It’s not obvious from the photo, but there is a large hole in the board that the wheels are attached to. This allows the handle to pass through so it can all sit flat. 

14 hours ago, cheech said:

If it helps you move the kayak, it’s priceless. I used one at Jbay in 2011 with a fully loaded kayak. Used in conjunction with a scupper cart, it made that long, nose heavy walk across the tarmac almost effortless.

Another reason a non-scupper cart is great is that you can position it at your boat's balance point, whatever it is that day. On a hot day when I put the cooler bag on my bow with two bags of ice I have to put my cart a little further forward than normal. But then I'm just pulling it, not lifting anything at all.