codfish

2019 year of the squid

Rate this topic

68 posts in this topic

Aside from a MA saltwater fishing license, is there a separate license to fish squid from a pier or bridge? 

I may be up around Boston in the fall for a weekend.  Looking for something to do in case I get bored.

7 mins ago, BillHoo said:

Aside from a MA saltwater fishing license, is there a separate license to fish squid from a pier or bridge? 

I may be up around Boston in the fall for a weekend.  Looking for something to do in case I get bored.

Nope, you're good to go with the saltwater license. 

On 8/5/2019 at 11:53 AM, Topwatercowboy said:

I was fly fishing nantasket recently and there were a bunch of squid chasing my flies. nothing on them though

What time of day do you fish nantasket?  Is it just an after dark endeavor?  Just curious

On 8/18/2019 at 11:20 AM, Angler #1 said:

especially when you are into the larger sized squid , when I was in France fishing from my ship I hooked a Spanish mackerel and wached a nice squid come along and completely inhale the whole Mack that was well over 13 inches in length before I could get it aboard for the ships cook to cook it.

A1 what ship was this, Navy guy?

8 hours ago, Pescador710 said:

Probably, I haven’t been out in a while but I always catch my biggest squid this time of year. 

Thanks for sharing:)

On 8/11/2019 at 8:36 PM, bob_G said:

Brian,

It was a paint he mixed. While it was a purple, it was leaning more towards the red.

I just recalled something while I was typing this. When he began to sell them to the public, the color was distinctly different from the prototypes he gave his friends. The newer color was much lighter.

However, I do still own a somewhat unique squid plug. It was a mini reverse atom. It was a mini version  imitation of Bob Pond's original. Amber in color. Drawback, the dreaded screw eyes. I can post a photo if anyone's interested.

Have I been  missing so long?  Probably ... anyway, post the photo.  

11 hours ago, BrianBM said:

Have I been  missing so long?  Probably ... anyway, post the photo.  

Brian,

I posted it in another thread, but no problem. Here it is.

IMG_20190812_141245.jpg

On 8/23/2019 at 8:19 PM, gulino12 said:

A1 what ship was this, Navy guy?

DD 872 Forrest B Royal My sister ship and part of my Squadron the Kennedy is in Battleship Cove . The only one left of our class that I am aware of

36 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Bob-G, I didn't know that the Reverse Atom had ever been made in that small a size.  Interesting!

Brian, 

It's not a Bob Pond plug. It's a small knock off version that was made by some guy in RI.