Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eiz200

Green luminous bead for LMB

8 posts in this topic

Hi! I don't have the luxury of time to experiment so I would like to ask if putting a glow bead at the head of your worm hook will work on a texas or Carolina rig. Thanks for any advice.

I've never had any luck for LMB using anything "glow", and I have tried a few different things that do glow.  I even have some glow-in-the-dark powder paint I tried out on spinnerbaits for early morning / night fishing.  I've never got a bite on them, so I stopped trying many years ago.  

The only beads I use lately are on Carolina Rigs between the weight and the swivel.  In the past I used only red faceted glass beads, because that is what I was taught when I first started bass fishing many, many years ago.  These days, my beads are black and round, and I see absolutely no difference between those and what I previously used.  It's more for protecting the knot at the swivel, and making a little noise when the weight smacks it as I'm dragging in along the bottom.

All the best,

Glenn

Nice post Cajuntec.  I say this with zero sarcasm.   Quick heads up because you're new to the site or maybe you have been lurking for years ...I dunno.

At some point you'll want to send PM's to other SOL members and receive them as well.   Keep making great posts and after six I think you'll be allowed to work that angle of the site.  I like to point this out to the new guys because it wasn't brought to my attention with a little frustration on my part.   Good luck and welcome to the site.  Fly

I'll also be posting this in Jig Head Color Preference thread I like Cajuntec in above post experimented with glow in the dark stuff. As of yet the only workout I gave was in saltwater. 120"- 170" ft depths. I was fishing for stripers, porgies and seabass.  The rigs I tied using glow in the dark beads, and home poured glow in the dark big grubs kicked some serious butt. They outfished every other rig. I was however using high end rods and reels with braid and floro top shot. So sensitivity was much greater thatn those using cheapo rods and reels. But no doubt they certainly helped.

On bluefish trips as well, my glow in the dark grubs were consistently torn to shreds.

Now on the freshwater.

I have made many glow in the dark jig heads, which I plan on using next weekend. But again, I fish deep water at times for smallmouth especially, 40'-80'. And have caught LMB as deep as 60'

Last summer I poured some glow i the dark senkos for SOL member to try. He was mainly a night fisherman. NADA, ZIP,ZERO, ZILCH! Yet when he tore the senko in half, the fish began biting, So who knows what the fish really want? All anyone can do is try something, If it works great, if it doesn't, well, we've all done that many times I'm sure.

I have also tied some very sparse black bucktail jigs for SMB. Mi idea is to fish them using berkley gulp black leeches.. the opposite of glow... We shall see how those work.

It won't hurt it any. If you're targeting LMB at night

with night-crawlers and you accidentally catch A

channel cat, did you do anything wrong?

9 hours ago, The TideRunner said:

I'll also be posting this in Jig Head Color Preference thread I like Cajuntec in above post experimented with glow in the dark stuff. As of yet the only workout I gave was in saltwater. 120"- 170" ft depths. I was fishing for stripers, porgies and seabass.  The rigs I tied using glow in the dark beads, and home poured glow in the dark big grubs kicked some serious butt. They outfished every other rig. I was however using high end rods and reels with braid and floro top shot. So sensitivity was much greater thatn those using cheapo rods and reels. But no doubt they certainly helped.

On bluefish trips as well, my glow in the dark grubs were consistently torn to shreds.

Now on the freshwater.

I have made many glow in the dark jig heads, which I plan on using next weekend. But again, I fish deep water at times for smallmouth especially, 40'-80'. And have caught LMB as deep as 60'

Last summer I poured some glow i the dark senkos for SOL member to try. He was mainly a night fisherman. NADA, ZIP,ZERO, ZILCH! Yet when he tore the senko in half, the fish began biting, So who knows what the fish really want? All anyone can do is try something, If it works great, if it doesn't, well, we've all done that many times I'm sure.

I have also tied some very sparse black bucktail jigs for SMB. Mi idea is to fish them using berkley gulp black leeches.. the opposite of glow... We shall see how those work.

Thanks TTD, just what I wanted to hear. I'm new at LMB fishing and have gone out twice during daylight but in murky water. Aside from the noise generation of the bead I just thought using a luminous one would be more attractive (even during daylight). I'll give it a try on Carolina and Texas rigged worms.

Did you ever get a chance to try the glow beads? I just bought some big ones, 10mm x 12mm size, for the salt stuff. I still haven't tried it on bass yet so I'm hoping you could shed some insight.

If I can catch a break with the the weather, I want to fish one of my deepwater spots for SMB using my glow in the the dark jig heads.

28 mins ago, The TideRunner said:

Did you ever get a chance to try the glow beads? I just bought some big ones, 10mm x 12mm size, for the salt stuff. I still haven't tried it on bass yet so I'm hoping you could shed some insight.

If I can catch a break with the the weather, I want to fish one of my deepwater spots for SMB using my glow in the the dark jig heads.

Hello TR, it actual worked well, got 22 landed but no lunkers. I was using small beads and will look for bigger ones. One local guy posted a setup with a 7mm semi-bead rigged back to back to a bullet head with the bullet tip oriented towards the main line. Seems like a winner.