BrianBM

2020 4runner prices

134 posts in this topic

Apparently so .... to my annoyance. I have a fair amount of blues that may or may not be on any computer's playlist, so I suppose I'll have to look for a portable unit that can sit on the floor of the passenger's front seat. 

50 mins ago, BrianBM said:

A certain amount of politics is necessary in any family life. I got her to Sunrise Toyota and had her sit in a 2019 4runner, and sure enough, she didn't have a problem getting in or out. Naturally she reserved the right to bitch and moan if she doesn't like it when she gets to drive it. (Sunrise is bit understaffed, IMHO, this wasn't the first time I've been there and the salesman was juggling non-sales activities that didn't leave him free to go for a ride.) I like a peaceful, quiet home.

I'm dropping my aim from the TRD Pro to the one below, the TRD Trail. Save a few dollars even with KDSS bars. 

I AM annoyed that the new 4runners have no CD player. I like my CDs and have no desire to feed Alexa or any other too-smart spy phone requests for music, and I don't have a young adults' need for continuous connectivity either. My music tastes are fussy enough that Alexa might or might not be able to satisfy me. ("Alexa, play the Alicia Delaroccha performance of the Goldberg Variations." 

CD player? It's 2019 fro Christ's sake!

I have a CD player in my 2013 truck.  My phone holder/crimper clamps into it. I wouldn't even know if the player works since i bought the truck over 5 years ago.  Funny thing is there is a space for a phone in teh center arm rest and its large enough for a iphone 2.  Would be nice if cars came with built in phone holders rather than have to buy them direct from China.

Brian, Do you have a smartphone?  Just load the music you want onto that and you can play it through the trucks system.  I think that our 2017 4Runner has a CD player but we’ve never used it. 

The TRD off-road premium is the best value. We were able to get a few thousand off the asking price versus the Pro which they wanted full price. With that the difference between the 2 was around $7000. We used some of that savings to get a set of pro wheels and winter tires. 

EB8CD057-131C-4F1E-B3D8-1CFAF8C937B3.jpeg

A smartphone that can utilize the truck's sound system is doubtless the way to go. Z-man, agree on the TRD Off-Road being the (current) best way to go.  

Beach driving isn't quite like running the Rubicon Trail.  Ordinary highway tires that spread out nicely when deflated are good enough. 

2020 4runner isn't shipping, alas, and won't until October (if then.) 

Toyota's official website is pretty useless for details, but one thing is clear from it (as of an hour ago.) Most of what was previously posted is wrong.  So was the salesman with whom I had a long discussion a few weeks ago.  I don't think the area retailers are any better informed than the rest of us; corporate HQ has kept them largely in the dark as to the details. 

20 mins ago, Fly By Nite said:

Maybe hes waiting for the presidents day sales.

That’s a pretty good sale. It might be worth it to wait until then. Plus, no one buys a car in February, much more willing to deal. 

I’d wait. 

1 min ago, Drew C. said:

That’s a pretty good sale. It might be worth it to wait until then. Plus, no one buys a car in February, much more willing to deal. 

I’d wait. 

Then you don’t want to get a new car all road salted up in February so he should just wait til summer...