2020 4runner prices

BrianBM

5 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Everyone take note - Drew is urging me to do more research. 

I'm a millimeter or two under 6' but the wife is a lot smaller.  It'd be preferable to have a vehicle we can both drive.  If that can't happen ... so be it. 

The seats are adjustable for that reason. :point:

On 8/12/2019 at 7:25 PM, Drew C. said:

How tall are you ? I’m 6’2”. I had a Tacoma for 11 years. I never had a problem but after sitting in the tundra - infinitely more comfortable. 

The mileage sucks ass but much more comfy. 

The 4Runner is the same size as the taco. You might be better off with a 150. 

Something to think about...

I'm on the market for new 4Runner, but was thinking Tacoma for a while.

Until I actually sat in one.

I'm 6'3" and 2019 Tacoma Double Cab is more constrictive inside (with the seat adjusted as much as possible) then my current 3rd Gen 2002 4Runner. 

Cannot even compare the space of the 5th Gen 4Runner to new Taco. It was big disappointment for me since I actually seriously considered one.

But at the end it simplified the choice.  

1 hour ago, BrianBM said:

One of the surprises in shopping is the lousy mileage that Toyota's 4x4 vehicles all suffer from. They're ALL bottom-of-the-class in mileage and driver aids and safety equipment. 

I am sensing cold feet on what seemed to be a decision made.  Obsessive Compulsive Buyer Disorder rears its head. 

One of the surprises in shopping is the lousy mileage that Toyota's 4x4 vehicles all suffer from. They're ALL bottom-of-the-class in mileage and driver aids and safety equipment. 

They are trucks for ******* **** , buy and old diesel rabbit .

BLM - Bass Lives Matter 

Race - human like everyone else

On 8/12/2019 at 7:15 PM, BrianBM said:

I haven't sat the wife in one yet.  If she hates it, ya know what? Then I might just go and buy the F-150 with the better technology in drivetrains and driver assistance. If all the beachworthy vehicles are equally annoying to her, she'll get no vote. Period. But since she has such a soft spot for Toyota, I suspect she'll decide that she can drive it even if the step-up height is exactly the same as an F-150 or Ram or anything else that she's already complained about.

A friend searched high and low for a manual Tacoma just so his wife wouldn't drive it.  Think about that for a while. 

15 hours ago, BrianBM said:

Maybe wait for the hybrid model that will be out in a few years?

that might be worth looking into. 

ASMFC - Destroying public resources and fisheries one stock at a time since 1942.

So many people enjoy my endless research, so they can complain about it or make jokes, that I do worry that some posters will be disappointed when I buy something. Tell you what.  I'll set up a GoFundMe page, and as soon as I have accumulated the $65K needed for a Rivian P/U, I'll buy it and then report  back. 

Sound fair?

Being sensible for a brief moment, one of the things that interests me is the susceptibility of all-electric machines to corrosion when exposed to salt, be it winter salt on NE roads or salt spray at the beach.  Somehow, I don't think that I can afford to wait that long.  .....  salt corrosion on electrical connections when there is strong and continuous current involved, hmmmmm. 

I wouldn't donate a used gas cap , let alone money .

i don't think anyone really enjoys your research , it's more of you being an endless tire kicker . 

Dont get me wrong there's nothing wrong with knowing what your buying , but stop making consumer reports look like lazy bastards .

BLM - Bass Lives Matter 

Race - human like everyone else

So many people enjoy my endless research, so they can complain about it or make jokes, that I do worry that some posters will be disappointed when I buy something. Tell you what.  I'll set up a GoFundMe page, and as soon as I have accumulated the $65K needed for a Rivian P/U, I'll buy it and then report  back. 

Sound fair?

Being sensible for a brief moment, one of the things that interests me is the susceptibility of all-electric machines to corrosion when exposed to salt, be it winter salt on NE roads or salt spray at the beach.  Somehow, I don't think that I can afford to wait that long.  .....  salt corrosion on electrical connections when there is strong and continuous current involved, hmmmmm. 

Also issue of range in very hot or cold weather, big drain to initially heat or cool.   You may want to get the AC going before you unplug it.   Rivian is an interesting truck though.  

That said, I have looked at trucks each summer for the past 3 years and have always ended up putting a few more bucks into my 04 F150.   I might actually look at a Ridgeline again if I eventually decide to lose one car and downsize.  I don’t need to tow more than 5k but I would like a backseat a couple of adults could sit in.  

"I have ... put a lump of ice into an equal quantity of water ...  if a little sea salt be added to the water we shall produce a fluid sensibly colder than the ice was in the beginning, which has appeared a curious and puzzling thing to those unacquainted with the general fact."- Joseph Black

22 hours ago, giant basshole said:

They are trucks for ******* **** , buy and old diesel rabbit .

Plus there designed like a box going down the road. Mine do's everything I want on the road, snow and the beach, F**k the milage, My Jeep will do 13 around town, 16, average, and 20 hwy. I'm happy. My Jeep has the electronic shifter, Never had a problem, Most people that do have a problem, it's because they never engage the switch. So they karode at the contacts. 

Edited by hunter123
Capt, Frank Mundus. The man, the myth, the legand.

4 hours ago, giant basshole said:

I wouldn't donate a used gas cap , let alone money .

i don't think anyone really enjoys your research , it's more of you being an endless tire kicker . 

Dont get me wrong there's nothing wrong with knowing what your buying , but stop making consumer reports look like lazy bastards .

Yes, dear.

I read CU with interest, and generally wonder why they don't ask questions that seem obvious to me.

I get at least as many jokes as I do responses from those who are cranky like (ahem) you.