Mummichog

Has This Happened to Anyone?

Rate this topic

75 posts in this topic

Most terrifying thing in my life.  I was laying in bed last night and it felt like someone or something got on top of me and was pinning me down, shoving me into the bed.  I was laying on my stomach.  I really hope this was a nightmare.   It happened about 3 or 4 times, then I just stayed up the rest of the night.  I can assure you I wasn't in a deep sleep the last 2 or 3 times.  Googled it and it's either sleep paralysis or demons.  Seriously, it was vividly real.  It felt like when you are losing a wrestling match and your opponent is on your back.....but worse.  It was more like a team.  Arms were pinned, chest was being pressed into the bed.  It was completely terrifying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sleep paralysis. It's funny every culture has some kind of demon they blame it on. The one time it happened to me I saw a shadow come in through the door and stand over me. My dad said it was a monkey when it happened to him. My grandmother would say if you catch it it has to grant you a wish lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For a reasonable fee I’ll get you a warrant for a geotrack of Red’s whereabouts last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 mins ago, IsmailG said:

Sleep paralysis. It's funny every culture has some kind of demon they blame it on. The one time it happened to me I saw a shadow come in through the door and stand over me. My dad said it was a monkey when it happened to him. My grandmother would say if you catch it it has to grant you a wish lol.

This seems the most reasonable explanation.  I can't explain to someone who hasn't gone through it how horrifying it was.  It's 12:15am and I don't want to go to bed.  It was so real and so scary,.  For me, it felt like a demon was on my back.  I think there were sounds too, but I just remember struggling to get free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it was the dog?

 

Yeah, it’s happened to me. Generally it has to do with my mental state, stressed - paranoid, tired lots of things on your plate.

 

Also, usually had an arm under my body immobilizing it. Or, sleeping in a way where your bedding is pinning an arm down. 

 

So yeah, you wake up disorientated and not fully in control of your mind and problem solving skills. It can freak you out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 mins ago, Wigeon said:

For a reasonable fee I’ll get you a warrant for a geotrack of Red’s whereabouts last night.

Does he have the ambition to travel to PA to hop on a very average male back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few years ago I woke up and one of my eyes was totally blind.  Took ~10 minutes to see out if it. Never happened since. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, Alferd Packer said:

Maybe it was the dog?

 

Yeah, it’s happened to me. Generally it has to do with my mental state, stressed - paranoid, tired lots of things on your plate.

 

Also, usually had an arm under my body immobilizing it. Or, sleeping in a way where your bedding is pinning an arm down. 

 

So yeah, you wake up disorientated and not fully in control of your mind and problem solving skills. It can freak you out. 

It was a little more.  It felt like someone or something was literally on my back and pushing my back and arms and legs into the bed.  And it happened at least 3 times.  I think 4.  

 

I have been under a ton of stress.  I'm a single parent of two teenagers.  My wife died suddenly in the wake of some really bad stuff.   So, I am not surprised that I would be vulnerable to anything right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, PlumFishing said:

A few years ago I woke up and one of my eyes was totally blind.  Took ~10 minutes to see out if it. Never happened since. 

I would take that 10 times out of 10.  This felt like (and vividly) that something was trying to kill me.  I don't  know if I can explain it as vividly as it was.  Picture being murdered in your bed.  It was that f--ked up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 mins ago, Mummichog said:

Does he have the ambition to travel to PA to hop on a very average male back?

Yes....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, redfishkiller said:

Yes....

If it's you, please let me know.  I'll leave the door open for you.  I'd rather that than what's been going on.

 

Seriously, there's no way you could understand this unless you went through it.  It really shook me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You had a panic attack. It’s cool, happens under stress. You have had more stress than anyone can fathom. 

Just take a breather bud. You will be OK. 

Eddie and I have your back. 

 

6EF1BC67-564C-40A5-BAC5-C3EF8E7A129E.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.