Malsow

Canal Advice

Rate this topic

66 posts in this topic

7 mins ago, odiemike86 said:

what a bunch of a-holes in here.  You are on a fishing forum meant to help your fellow fisherman and all you scum bag trolls do is hijack a thread of a fellow fisherman asking for some advice.  13 posts and only one piece of advise.  

Actually no.

The OP is asking "why are people freely giving out canal  advice  here on SOL, and then complain of crowds"

..and because this topic is kind of lame...some of us "trolls" as you insinuate have a bit of light hearted humor with it all, rather than blast insults...well mostly anyways.

Sol is not so stuffy..

Lighten up Francis

32 mins ago, FishRatz said:

Actually no.

The OP is asking "why are people freely giving out canal  advice  here on SOL, and then complain of crowds"

..and because this topic is kind of lame...some of us "trolls" as you insinuate have a bit of light hearted humor with it all, rather than blast insults...well mostly anyways.

Sol is not so stuffy..

Lighten up Francis

Whoaaaa - the topic is not lame!!

3 hours ago, Malsow said:

If everyone is so worried about the crowds at the canal, then why are people so quick to give advice to visiting fisherman. Why not let them struggle and not return? Instead, people here dole out advice and then complain that more and more are fishing the canal. 

There is a lot of info on this site already. Maybe an agreement should be made to no longer provide additional information. 

I have not seen too much advice about fishing the 'Canal" other than the circus it has become. Not a lot of information  about how to fish the area other than it is crowded with people that don't give a rat's ass about the resource or their fellow fisherman. I don't know how anyone would think they learned something to help them of with things that have been posted here.

1 min ago, Ba Ba Buoy said:

Your a bit of a crap stirrer aren't you?

:poopfan:

Group think

Why is this a bad idea/suggestion??

Can anyone say???

2 mins ago, K Foley said:

I have not seen too much advice about fishing the 'Canal" other than the circus it has become. Not a lot of information  about how to fish the area other than it is crowded with people that don't give a rat's ass about the resource or their fellow fisherman. I don't know how anyone would think they learned something to help them of with things that have been posted here.

There is an active post here now in which someone is seeking advice re the canal. Seems fairly common. That coupled with the comments re the circus has prompted my post 

If everyone is so worried about the crowds at the canal, then why are people so quick to give advice to visiting fisherman. Why not let them struggle and not return? Instead, people here dole out advice and then complain that more and more are fishing the canal. 

There is a lot of info on this site already. Maybe an agreement should be made to no longer provide additional information. 

Is this really controversial??

16 mins ago, Malsow said:

Whoaaaa - the topic is not lame!!

That's a matter of opinion.

I'm not sure you can point a finger to those individuals whom offer advice and then those same individuals whom then complain.

That's the whole premise of your post.

Clearly there are some who offer advice and others whom make hard complaints of the canal activity.

And then there are some who toss around some humor... myself included.:witty:

5 mins ago, Malsow said:

Is this really controversial??

Controversial or not I feel like the advice recently given on here, when it is given, seems to be no different than the advice on OTW, facebook, etc.

1) get proper gear (rod, reel, line, leader)

2) get some jigs

3) get some poppers

4) get some swimming plugs

No spots are burned here in public forums. If anything, this site allows people to read a list of tips rather than read a bigger article. Big whoop. If people want to go learn how to fish any spot in the world there is one way to do it, get prepared and then go fish it. If people don't want to learn and just want to catch they can pay for another report site and go cram canal spots. Have you considered that other resources contribute to the canal mess more than this site? 

9 mins ago, Malsow said:

Group think

Why is this a bad idea/suggestion??

Can anyone say???

Helping out is generally a good idea. This looks more like a guy stirring the pot simply to try and ruffle some feathers. The unamused here bust your stones and still more join in to clown around. Thanks for the help! :th:  

Can you say what you are trying to accomplish?

Would you rather fish next to Commander Clueless, and let him **** you up every other cast, or next to a guy who got some basic advice from guys who know their ****? :rolleyes: 

We have a forum here for gardening. It's called Cooking Your Catch, or the Foodeh in certain quarters. Pretty sure there's an ongoing gardening thread.

….... 

I wonder why the need to help is so strong. ….. 

…. 

My point is why the need to share??????…... 

Psychologists will say the primary reason why people share is to entertain others.

People share to define themselves, to stay connected, to persuade, and because others share, and share when they feel a connection.

My guess, early in our evolution, sharing was a means of survival.  No doubt it is part of our DNA.  In this day and age, survival is not an issue, however that urge is still present and now shows itself in ways more appropriate to a civilized society.  

2 hours ago, Joe G said:

Psychologists will say the primary reason why people share is to entertain others.

People share to define themselves, to stay connected, to persuade, and because others share, and share when they feel a connection.

My guess, early in our evolution, sharing was a means of survival.  No doubt it is part of our DNA.  In this day and age, survival is not an issue, however that urge is still present and now shows itself in ways more appropriate to a civilized society.  

Psychologists also say beta men feel the need to overextend themselves to make themselves appear useful and nice. 

I have no problem with sharing in general. That was a nice general statement you made about sharing.