Malsow

Canal Advice

Rate this topic

66 posts in this topic

If everyone is so worried about the crowds at the canal, then why are people so quick to give advice to visiting fisherman. Why not let them struggle and not return? Instead, people here dole out advice and then complain that more and more are fishing the canal. 

There is a lot of info on this site already. Maybe an agreement should be made to no longer provide additional information. 

2 mins ago, bob_G said:

Then what do we talk about here on stripers online? Knitting socks?

I suppose you can keep telling people to throw magic swimmers, pencil poppers and 3 to 5 oz jigs forever but it doesn't seem necessary. Maybe talk about gardens, night critters or sightings of Joe G....? 

But really, people bitch and complain but also contribute to their own problems. Why????

You think they won't go if they don't get advice here? Hahaha. They'll go anyway, without a clue, and f things up even more. Better to at least have educated a-holes there than clueless a-holes...

2 mins ago, Malsow said:

I suppose you can keep telling people to throw magic swimmers, pencil poppers and 3 to 5 oz jigs forever but it doesn't seem necessary. Maybe talk about gardens, night critters or sightings of Joe G....? 

But really, people bitch and complain but also contribute to their own problems. Why????

If you dislike this site so much, then why do you continue to post here? 

Again, I  love when people come to the internet to complain about the internet. :laugh:

3 mins ago, HanoverStriper said:

You think they won't go if they don't get advice here? Hahaha. They'll go anyway, without a clue, and f things up even more. Better to at least have educated a-holes there than clueless a-holes...

Not to sure about that. I think seeing guys show up with the freshwater gear is kind of funny. And I'm certain they won't return. So that really doesn't F anything up for me. 

Also, according the the popular opinion on this site, a lot of the guys at the canal appear to be as-holes anyways. So telling them what to use is not helping. 

I wonder why the need to help is so strong. Especially when you see ongoing complaints about crowds. 

Seems pretty lame. Some guys say keep your eyes of my woman. I guess other guys say "if you want to F her, she likes it like this." 

The group think here is strong. I challenge you to consider my suggestion. And ask yourself about why you don't like it. 

4 mins ago, bob_G said:

If you dislike this site so much, then why do you continue to post here? 

Again, I  love when people come to the internet to complain about the internet. :laugh:

I am not complaining about this site. I made a suggestion and am attempting to contribute to a discussion. Old dogs can't learn new tricks, but they like to bark. Woof Woof.

4 mins ago, Malsow said:

Not to sure about that. I think seeing guys show up with the freshwater gear is kind of funny. And I'm certain they won't return. So that really doesn't F anything up for me. 

Also, according the the popular opinion on this site, a lot of the guys at the canal appear to be as-holes anyways. So telling them what to use is not helping. 

I wonder why the need to help is so strong. Especially when you see ongoing complaints about crowds. 

Seems pretty lame. Some guys say keep your eyes of my woman. I guess other guys say "if you want to F her, she likes it like this." 

The group think here is strong. I challenge you to consider my suggestion. And ask yourself about why you don't like it. 

You had me but then you lost me. Don’t look at my wife!

1 min ago, heyblue34 said:

You had me but then you lost me. Don’t look at my wife!

Oh I'm with you! Don't look at my wife!!!!! 

My point is why the need to share?????? Then complain about those using it. Keep you're info to yourself. Let others learn by trial and error. There was a time that the canal was considered to be a challenging place to fish and that it was difficult. Those days are done; most likely to the overwhelming amount of guys giving all the hard earned knowledge and info away. 

Not really 

Social media posts have ruined the Ditch 

And if I ever catch you checking out my wife...

25 mins ago, Malsow said:

If everyone is so worried about the crowds at the canal, then why are people so quick to give advice to visiting fisherman. Why not let them struggle and not return? Instead, people here dole out advice and then complain that more and more are fishing the canal. 

There is a lot of info on this site already. Maybe an agreement should be made to no longer provide additional information. 

Maslow, this is one of the more remarkedly intelligent questions to come before this Forum in a long time.  . 

41 mins ago, Joe G said:

Maslow, this is one of the more remarkedly intelligent questions to come before this Forum in a long time.  . 

Thanks. Too bad the topic doesn't seem to be gaining any traction. It seems that it it could be a productive conversation. 

what a bunch of a-holes in here.  You are on a fishing forum meant to help your fellow fisherman and all you scum bag trolls do is hijack a thread of a fellow fisherman asking for some advice.  13 posts and only one piece of advise.  

10 mins ago, odiemike86 said:

what a bunch of a-holes in here.  You are on a fishing forum meant to help your fellow fisherman and all you scum bag trolls do is hijack a thread of a fellow fisherman asking for some advice.  13 posts and only one piece of advise.  

I think keeping some this quiet is helping my fellow fishermen.....