Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FishinDVM

Ocean City house or condo rental anyone?

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Probably a day late and a dollar short on this one... but my wife's family does a week long OCMD stay every year in August. We declined to go this year, and of course last minute the wife wants to meet everyone and I am somehow able to get off work. So... 3 days 2 nights... next week... Tues 6th to Thurs 8th we want to drive in. VRBO is fairly limited on anything left at all, it's either disgusting/horrible reviews, or like $350 a night with a bunch of added fees. So, figured I give this a shot eventhough it's a long shot.

Anyone got a place available or know someone who does? We are normal people, clean up, and it would be me, my wife, and 4yr old... 2 nights... and we wouldn't be around much at all as we would be hanging out with the family at their pool during the day. $400-$450.... Thanks, Chris

Probably get a place in Salisbury and make the 30 minute drive.  Other thing would be to check Airbnb to see if you can find something, maybe in the pines.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I've done the Hampton Inn and Motel 6 in Salisbury - both under $200 a night.  Hampton you get a decent breakfast.  Motel 6 was OK for a night stay, but the rooms were small and AC was noisy and too cold.  There are even a few places under $150 a night.

30 min drive if you wake up and depart the hotel before 6 AM to be safe.  Otherwise, I have been stuck on Rt. 50 for up to an hour and a half.  I think as you get closer to the destination, some areas are single lane highway and there was a fender bender when I wen thru.

Edited by BillHoo