UncleJohn

August 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

275 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, LBI SurfRat said:

Honestly it's easy. Very similar to a 10-12" snapper blue. Here are the filets my younger son dipped and breaded. The meat is probably cooked in 2 minutes but I do a few minutes a side just to get some browning.  I'll try to remember to take a picture. Egg wash with JO crab seasoning. Italian bread crumbs. Hot oil. Disregard the old Bay.  Lol. 

IMG_20190801_154527603.jpg

Ever prepared an 8-12 inch snapper blue like that?

22 mins ago, BillHoo said:

Dude eats pickerel so there’s a good chance he did.

38 mins ago, BillHoo said:

12" ...yep. Smaller ones are gutted and beheaded. My grandmother would brown some onions in butter and balsamic.  Once onions are done throw the snappers in there for 5-10 minutes and simmer. Good stuff. 

Hit the bay in moco with the family this afternoon. Casted around for a bit with my 5 year old, but nothing doing. Some bait in the water being chased by snappers, but that's about all I saw. Lots of dead blue claw crabs washed up, what's up with that?

Nothing tonight. Incoming water isn't producing at all. Tons of bait just off shore. Nothing on them. Water looked great tonight but no love. 8-9 anglers. Think I saw one kingfish(or snapper) get brought in. Definitely an outgoing tide bite for the smaller fish right now. 

Out in moco and pulled one keeper fluke in a fast rip, other than the crappy feeling of losing my boga grip (Most Likely Stolen), there was some snappers chasing after some peanuts

8 hours ago, LBI SurfRat said:

Honestly it's easy. Very similar to a 10-12" snapper blue. Here are the filets my younger son dipped and breaded. The meat is probably cooked in 2 minutes but I do a few minutes a side just to get some browning.  I'll try to remember to take a picture. Egg wash with JO crab seasoning. Italian bread crumbs. Hot oil. Disregard the old Bay.  Lol. 

IMG_20190801_154527603.jpg

Fried em similar last week, might be my new favorite fish to eat this way.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Beginning of incoming tide out front MoCo this AM. Ocean flat again and very light westerly. 3 short short fluke and a robin all on white gulp. Last fluke had a nasty lesion on it. Yucky...

8D728B87-6F6D-4351-BAC7-831A737A82D1.jpeg

Edited by DeeMonee

Checked 4 spots for peanuts out back cmc this morning and none to be found after yesterdays storms. Tossed some rubber around at the last stop. Didn't see anything for a bit and eventually some small snappers surfaced but no damage on my end. 

It's August and just like that the snappers are on the scene to bite the tails off of everything I throw out there, Had Least Terns going nuts picking on small bait right in front of me last evening, and just about everything I threw got chomped or ripped off the hook. Still searching for the first keeper fluke of the season from the beach.