chumfish

Bonefishdick

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

On 7/28/2019 at 4:16 PM, RCord said:

Yesterday, the fishing community lost a great teacher, fisherman, and friend. A well-known contributor to this site, Dick Perry, aka “Bonefishdick” to many of the readers and fishermen out there, always enjoyed updating this community about his great days fishing, and to Dick, all days fishing were great days. Dick’s motto was “The Tug is the Drug,” and he lived that, happy chasing stripers and albies on the water and strategizing and reporting here online. I’m sure everyone here on SOL has missed his reports and stories of his endeavors on the water. On behalf of his family and friends, I want to thank you so much for all the positive thoughts and prayers that were sent by the SOL community.   

To me, Dick was more than a best friend and mentor--he was family. My brother Joey and Johnny K. introduced us over 20 years ago, and we hit it off immediately since I was working nights and I had all day to fish!  Over the years Dick and I have caught a lot of stripers fishing together and had a lot of fun, and I’m going to miss that. During that time, Dick taught me all he knew about the techniques and variables involved in flyfishing, and I’m so thankful.  Now I can pass on my knowledge of flyfishing from Dick to future generations. I already miss not talking to him almost every day, especially during the fishing season, which, for him, turned out to be year-round.  

Dick had a lot of close fishing friends and we will all remember him in our own little ways and we all agree that he was tough as nails and a damn good fisherman. Whether I’m on Bonefish Beach (Scussett), Buttermilk, Scortons, Chatham or Sanibel I will always be thinking of my best friend Dick. 

Tight lines

Rich Cordeiro

IMG_2486.JPG.03e259d16deddaaacd23b4d86b7ed187.JPGIMG_0069.JPG.e5e61021673ef724336996ddb6499aee.JPGIMG_0059.JPG.cbb30ac94500bedc23c73ae7f01fd7c5.JPGIMG_2318.JPG.5e2609657bec9f18c0bc1069b4fb3f7c.JPGIMG_2492.JPG.303b2f0140a371a7be9a9a3ec2afe779.JPGIMG_0058.JPG.151e16bea5498cdac65accdcdc592d0f.JPG

Those of you , friends , recent or long term , family, or guys just sharing a tide on a piece of beach hit a bit of life’s lottery. Even though I never had the pleasure of meeting or casting alongside Mr. Perry , am happy for all of those who did. The Fly Fishing Forum will not be the same . Peace be with you Mr. Perry . Bill J 

He was a Legend  along with his fly , the Betsy  

His post will live on and there are many good ones.

Tight lines up there BFD      ccb