Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HopHead

Striper con license plates

Rate this topic

55 posts in this topic

On 3/24/2020 at 4:23 AM, unskunk said:

Doesn't it have to be renewed (and paid for) every year?

Not sure if it is every year but yes a small fee ....   But what a way to support what we love

Tper

Like everything else in this state, it's going into the general fund to help pay for the 40 yr. olds

MBTA retiree pensions...................

1 hour ago, Chunkah said:

I want my ****ing plate!!

Me too.  Something tells me we'll see a c19 vaccine before we see those plates.

On 6/23/2020 at 7:08 PM, bob_G said:

Me too.  Something tells me we'll see a c19 vaccine before we see those plates.

I emailed the Department of Marine Fisheries and got this response...

We reached the 750 pre-applicant threshold during the mid-winter. At that time, the list of initial applicants and checks were sent over to DOT. At that time, DOT informed us that plates would be made available to these initial applicants this summer. They would then be available to the general public this fall through the RMV. DOT has not informed us that there have been any delays in producing these plates as a result of the pandemic, so this summer appears to continue to be the anticipated timeframe.

25 mins ago, unskunk said:

Don't understand the holdup,  nobody from the Public sector lost their job or were furloughed

Imagine paying a year in advance for a license plate.  What was I thinking? :kook:

Here's what I see...They get people to buy a "specialty" plate to "help" with the striped bass.

They tell you what you want to hear without specifying what they will be doing.

Then they give updates using pics of projects they were already funding.

Yes, these projects do have some relevance to striped bass, but it's a "trickle-down" effect.

They are boasting about the work being done on dam removals, which is a good thing.

The problem is that if they have multiple dams on any given waterway the effect won't be known until ALL are removed

Then the waterway has to be repaired to a state where the fish (herring) can/will make their way up to spawn.

Then after years/decades of studies to gauge whether or not the herring have rebounded enough to allow netters to take their fill, they will decide that it'll take decades more to allow anglers to even be considered.

That's only for the dam removal projects. I wonder how many more are slated once they get enough money from plates?