HopHead

Striper con license plates

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

What exactly would one be contributing to if they chose to pay for one?  Unless they prohibit the industrial vacuuming of all existing bait inside the 3 mile line then it's an absolute waste of time and money for some horsesheet feel good nonsense that does nothing for our fisheries.

2 mins ago, HopHead said:

Wow?  Do any of you have one?

I am considering them for both my car and P/U but I am waiting to see where they money goes and my current regs to expire...…………..

Just now, Joe G said:

Striped Bass Conservation License Plate

Gotcha, thanks :th:

Posted (edited) · Report post

From the mass.gov website: The Division of Marine Fisheries (DMF) and the MA Environmental Trust (MET) are developing this plate to support new programs to research, protect, and preserve striped bass populations, ensuring that future generations of anglers have the opportunity to experience the unmatched thrill of fishing for this iconic species.

Sounds like a comedy show. Mass gov is a joke. The Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission (ASMFC) manages the coastal migratory striped bass stock, which inhabits all coastal and estuarine areas from Maine through Virginia, and the coastal areas of North Carolina. What does Massachusetts think they can do better when they can't even enforce the current regulations in state waters? If the money was going toward enforcement, there is a remote chance that it would have a positive effect on the fishery, otherwise a complete joke.

Edited by GuiltyAsCharged

My only point is that without knowing EXACTLY what it is they're doing for the fishery it's a buncha feel good BS for people whose only exposure to nature is what they see on tv.

Proceeds from the plates will be administered by the MA Environmental Trust, and a panel of experts will establish priorities and recommend project funding.  

This panel of experts will include members of the commercial fishery industry.

Just now, GuiltyAsCharged said:

Sounds like a comedy show. Mass gov is a joke. The Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission (ASMFC) manages the coastal migratory striped bass stock, which inhabits all coastal and estuarine areas from Maine through Virginia, and the
coastal areas of North Carolina. What does Massachusetts think they can do better when they can't even enforce the current regulations in state waters? If the money was going toward enforcement, there is a remote chance that it would have a positive effect on the fishery, otherwise a complete joke.

Exactly my point (didn't see your post until after mine above this).

Just now, Joe G said:

Proceeds from the plates will be administered by the MA Environmental Trust, and a panel of experts will establish priorities and recommend project funding.  

This panel of experts will include members of the commercial fishery industry.

Enough said. 

6 mins ago, bob_G said:

A little bird told me the revenue from the striper plate goes to comm bass fishermen who are unable to fill the quota.

*heads to the medicine cabinet to grab his sublingual nitro for chest pain