Big Biscuit

Where to get good seafood in Plymouth?

Rate this topic

42 posts in this topic

On 7/31/2019 at 2:25 PM, John O' said:

Haven't been in a couple years but I used to like Cabby Shack, mostly for the atmosphere - casual with outside decks and live music.  Food was ok but more expensive than I think it should be.  I like East Bay Grille for the food, atmosphere and the outside tables when the weather is nice, and the bands are pretty good too, but I'm rarely out that late.  :laugh:

42 Degrees North is about 5 miles away and closer to WHB, so that's my go to place, excellent food and service - outside dining and drinking is nice but zero view.  The food makes up for it.

42 Degrees is my one of my favorites for those exact reasons.

Just grabbed quick takeout from the lobster hut and it’s good.  Food coming out looked good too.  Generous portions and fair prices

1 hour ago, jkrock said:

Just grabbed quick takeout from the lobster hut and it’s good.  Food coming out looked good too.  Generous portions and fair prices

I just missed you there. Good choice, I would say that the Lobster Hut is the waterfront seafood restaurant most frequented by locals. Tavern on the Wharf is also good for a variety of meals as is Charlie Horse on Rt 53 in Kingston. Mama Mia's is excellent for Italian food especially pizza as is Carmela's on Rt 53 in Kingston.

Posted (edited) · Report post

5 mins ago, snookster said:

I just missed you there. Good choice, I would say that the Lobster Hut is the waterfront seafood restaurant most frequented by locals. Tavern on the Wharf is also good for a variety of meals as is Charlie Horse on Rt 53 in Kingston. Mama Mia's is excellent for Italian food especially pizza as is Carmela's on Rt 53 in Kingston.

My kid roped me into driving him to a hockey tournament and we had a few hours to kill between games so we headed over to Plymouth(half hour from rink or so)  to kill some time and eat.  Not really enough time to sit down, so we grabbed a to go order.   I probably haven’t been to Plymouth in 10+ years, so this thread  was very helpful

Edited by jkrock

A little drive maybe but try the "Seafood Stew Casserole" from Antonio's restaurant in New Bedford. SOOOO GOOD! There's a whole lobster and a whole lot of everything else in that takeout tray. Comes with a side (upper right hand corner). And don't forget the bread for dipping! I've eaten there literally over 1000 times.

Description below....

20190803_205901.jpg

Screenshot_2019-08-03-21-57-18.png

Went to Lobster Hut on the way home from the cottage, we liked it - had the seafood medley; baked fish, scallops, shrimp, two lobster claws and came with excellent french fries and cole slaw. Definitely going back for a fried seafood platter next time.

On 8/3/2019 at 10:37 PM, night owl said:

A little drive maybe but try the "Seafood Stew Casserole" from Antonio's restaurant in New Bedford. SOOOO GOOD! There's a whole lobster and a whole lot of everything else in that takeout tray. Comes with a side (upper right hand corner). And don't forget the bread for dipping! I've eaten there literally over 1000 times.

Description below....

20190803_205901.jpg

Antonio's is so good. I love the grilled sardines.

On 8/3/2019 at 10:37 PM, night owl said:

Description below....

20190803_205901.jpg

the one place i agree with,its awesome.

For an area with so many fishing boats and seashore its really sad that there are not more great seafood restaurants.As a chef i find it embarrassing.We have plenty of so so places to eat.I can't really recommend any place in the plymouth area.

54 mins ago, hotfishgirl said:

For an area with so many fishing boats and seashore its really sad that there are not more great seafood restaurants.As a chef i find it embarrassing.We have plenty of so so places to eat.I can't really recommend any place in the plymouth area.

Sounds like the start of a business plan ....