Big Biscuit

Where to get good seafood in Plymouth?

Rate this topic

42 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hoping you guys in the Mass forum could help me out. The wife and I will be headed up to Plymouth for Labor day weekend. We booked two trips on capt. johns boats, one whale watching trip and a fishing trip. I was wondering if you guys could point me in the direction of some good seafood near by. I don't want to get sucked into a tourist trap and waste money on crappy food and crappy service. So lets hear what you got. Thanks in advance.:howdy:

Edited by Big Biscuit
Pre-coffee spelling

Rock Bottom in Cedarville quality has always been top notch for me.    More of a local place vs. what you get in Plymouth.

13 mins ago, jdr724 said:

Rock Bottom in Cedarville quality has always been top notch for me.    More of a local place vs. what you get in Plymouth.

Pretty much strictly takeout though. Not sure if BB is looking for dine-in options or something to grab n' go.   

5 mins ago, Eagles Dare said:

Pretty much strictly takeout though. Not sure if BB is looking for dine-in options or something to grab n' go.   

I sat at a table with 2 other people yesterday and ate.    There aren't many tables but eating there is definitely an option.

6 mins ago, BillyBallGame said:

Woods for fried seafood, takeout style or eat in. 

East Bay for sit down, a little pricey though.

Watch out for cougars

2 mins ago, jmarino1432 said:

Watch out for cougars

Oh definitely. Cougar repellent must be worn at all times when entering that establishment. 

7 mins ago, jdr724 said:

I sat at a table with 2 other people yesterday and ate.    There aren't many tables but eating there is definitely an option.

Yeah, it's not really the best ambiance though.  :D

I ate in once with the Mrs. when they either lost our order or gave it to someone else. She wasn't too happy, we'll usually go to the Seafood Shanty now.  :shrug:

I live downtown Plymouth take out we do woods!! Lobster Hut when we get off the boat and want to eat outside!! East Bay when going out to dinner!! Some people might say waterfront bar and grille. I have gone a couple time scallops were awful both times and my wife and I found it very loud!

1 min ago, Dunky said:

I live downtown Plymouth take out we do woods!! Lobster Hut when we get off the boat and want to eat outside!! East Bay when going out to dinner!! Some people might say waterfront bar and grille. I have gone a couple time scallops were awful both times and my wife and I found it very loud!

Yeah do not go to Waterfront. Anna's is the best. Great greek food, pizza is awesome. Good seafood too. We're spoiled.