RiverRaider

72 + Hours Without A Cellphone

Rate this topic

50 posts in this topic

I lost my phone on Saturday (dropped in a tidal marsh area at dead low tide.... couldn't find it as the tide came in.... gave up when it stopped pinging on the find my phone app) 

Anyway.... still don't have a replacement.

not the end of the world but, makes me realize how I'm dependent on that silly thing to the point where I'm anxious about not having it 

How would you guys fare 72 hours without yours?  

We are all dependent on them. That said, I stay up in Calicoon NY a few times a year for a few days at a time. There's no cell service there, no matter the carrier. Every business in town has free WiFi but the place I stay is 5 miles up the road. I don't miss it when I'm there. 

Posted (edited)

Being without would be a real issue mostly due to work. I get texts, emails, and phone calls from clients all the time and in today's world people expect you to respond fairly quickly. Other then those issues I'd be happy with no cell phone at all, except maybe a flip phone for calling wifey and in emergencies. Wouldn't life be grand!??

Edited by Chunkah

Posted (edited)

I have a cell phone with which I can talk with other people and only costs me 7 bucks a month.

Uhmn, I have to get a new one.....it is going to be out of date....laugh.

You people are pathetic.

chunkak...correct....most of the time it is turned off and I only use it for emergencies in the car.

:howdy:

Edited by CATCHnRELEASE

2 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

I can't even post in the Tavern while I'm taking a Dump... it's horrible

On the bright side, your posts seem to have improved.....

6 mins ago, MickAff said:

On the bright side, your posts seem to have improved.....

About as good as his dumps. 

Be fine with me if ALL cell phones went away. I have a house phone, clocks, calendar, camera and computer. We have a basket by the door for folks that visit can deposit their cell phones (OFF) in until they leave. We have an old TracFone flip style that sits  in the car for emergency use. I think it has been used 3-4 times in the last 5 years.

25 mins ago, Chunkah said:

Being without would be a real issue mostly due to work. I get texts, emails, and phone calls from clients all the time and in today's world people expect you to respond fairly quickly. Other then those issues I'd be happy with no cell phone at all, except maybe a flip phone for calling wifey and in emergencies. Wouldn't life be grand!??

Words out ma mouth.