White sharks in soco?

Rate this topic

Bmawds

Confirmed by NOAA and URI as a great white, snapped I think off if one of the walls.  15' I think...

https://www.golocalprov.com/news/great-white-shark-sighting-confirmed-by-noaa-in-narragansett-photo 

The article also mentions a 3-4 foot juvenile GW caught in Warwick a couple of days ago...

Narragansett_Shark_Not_FB.png

Edited by ljschroe

14 hours ago, ljschroe said:

The article also mentions a 3-4 foot juvenile GW caught in Warwick a couple of days ago...

Supposedly (according to social media) it washed up and the kid said he caught it. There is a picture floating around. Still pretty crazy though.

Let's all try to imagine your typical squid chucker fishing Oakland Beach and reeling in a 70lb GW. Possible? 

MAYBE he had a wire leader on chunking for bluefish? But still...

So they just spotted a 15' Great White Shark at the West Wall in Narragansett RI how about Mystic Aquarium  release these baby seal shark baits in CT instead of RI maybe they can draw the sharks to CT.
Please Do Not Release this in MY water release them in CT or here is a radical idea back where they came from

13 mins ago, Quonnie said:
So they just spotted a 15' Great White Shark at the West Wall in Narragansett RI how about Mystic Aquarium  release these baby seal shark baits in CT instead of RI maybe they can draw the sharks to CT.
Please Do Not Release this in MY water release them in CT or here is a radical idea back where they came from

Just had my kayak off West Wall last afternoon. Where off the wall did they see it?

21 mins ago, Quonnie said:

Hmmm? I think that maybe to get to CT the sharks are still gonna be comin through RI, my geography isn't great but it's plausible.

5 hours ago, natsgrampy said:

yesterday at Scarborough they cleared the beach for over an hour. A fin was spotted out in front of one of the bath houses. Environmental Police showed up and lifeguards rowed out, but I never saw anything except for ducks. 

My wife was up grabbing Del's when they pulled everyone from the water.  I couldn't see anything from the beach but she said she "definitely saw a fin".  Was it a shark fin?...i dont know.  Haven't come across anything even mentioning the sighting.