Baccigalup

Who is into archery

Rate this topic

79 posts in this topic

So who is into archery or bow hunting here.  

I just upgraded my 1989 vintage legend xi for new hoyt helix ultra.  Comes in two weeks. Cant wait. 

My son got the bowtech ssr6.  Joined a local club.  Cant wait to shoot a decent bow for a change.  Club has some decent events and competitions that I hope to be doing soon.

Archery is a great sport.  I think my bow was too hard to pull back especially as I get older.  Ten shots at a target and I was done.  Last 10 years I would only pull it out for hunting.  I actually prefer to bow hunt over rifle.  More sporty in my opinion.  I like getting closer to the deer before I slay them.

59 mins ago, MitchellNJ said:

We used to shoot arrows in the sky and run around the yard to avoid them as kids :kook:

Wrong thread. You want the stupid things thread. 

Haven't shot a bow since i was maybe 16. Got a compound when i was like 12-13 and bow license. Had a target setup at my dads house and would shoot off the shed roof since it was tree stand height. 20 yds from the rear peak, 25 from the front corner. Unfortunately never had anything come in on me during the hunting season so no kills. Got bored of it. 

1 hour ago, MitchellNJ said:

We used to shoot arrows in the sky and run around the yard to avoid them as kids :kook:

that explains a lot about you, tho'.

Ever get winged?

[That would explain even more]