jkrock

Climate justice

Rate this topic

42 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Heels up Harris teamed up with AOC(the leader of the democrats) on the Climate Equity Act.

Which , ironically enough,  has nothing to do with climate.

Can we all finally agree this politicized climate change scam is about money and power, and not about saving the planet ?

Harris, Ocasio-Cortez float plan to lift low-income communities in climate plans
Valerie Volcovici

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Senator and Democratic presidential candidate Kamala Harris and U.S. Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Monday introduced a bill that would ensure any climate change legislation considered by Congress prioritizes low-income and vulnerable communities.

The Climate Equity Act would ensure that Congress and the White House are held accountable for putting low-income and indigenous communities and minority groups that are on the "front lines" of climate change at the core of climate proposals, such as the Green New Deal. 

“We need a Green New Deal based in climate and environmental justice, which means building a clean economy that protects communities that have been neglected by policymakers for far too long," Harris said in a statement on Monday.

The senator from California has not yet unveiled a plan to combat climate change but joins more than half of the 2020 Democratic presidential candidates in endorsing the Green New Deal resolution championed by Ocasio-Cortez of New York and Senator Ed Markey of Massachusetts. 

The Green New Deal platform calls on Congress to carry out a 10-year, government-driven mobilization to decarbonize the economy through investments in clean energy, buildings and transportation, as well as job retraining and social and environmental justice programs.

The bill would require that any climate-related bill undergo "equity" scoring in the same way the Congressional Budget Office conducts economic scoring of major pieces of legislation.

It would also establish an Office of Climate and Environmental Justice Accountability to give representation to front-line communities during rulemaking processes, and create a new position of senior adviser for climate and environmental justice at all relevant agencies to ensure compliance.

“The Climate Equity Act ensures that as we go forward to solve our climate crisis, we are focusing on communities most impacted by the crisis and the transition to renewable energy,” said Ocasio-Cortez.

Other presidential candidates have introduced environmental justice plans aimed at protecting communities that are disproportionately affected by floods, water and air pollution and other environmental issues.

One of those candidates, Washington Governor Jay Inslee, on Monday floated his Community Climate Justice plan, which would turn the White House Council on Environmental Quality into an agency focused on ensuring that pollution-affected communities, unions, indigenous groups and others have input on major environmental policies. 

Another candidate, U.S. Senator Cory Booker of New Jersey also made environmental justice a top campaign issue, and said he would strengthen the Environmental Protection Agency to protect vulnerable communities against corporate polluters

Edited by jkrock

Posted (edited)

Wtf is climate justice?

Can a prog please explain?

i have the same climate in my waterfront town as some guy has 40 miles away in East Boston, no?

Edited by jkrock

I guess it's like when I went through my divorce hoping things would be "equal", while the judge ruled for "equitable". In other words, ya get fuqqed.

And if it's sunny over yonder, damn well better be over here. You tell 'em ladies.

6 mins ago, jkrock said:

Haddonfield NJ is 10 miles from Camden NJ.

I assume they have climate equality?

Haddonfield HS Girls Lacrosse Group 2 State Champions 2019.  Lots of running up and down the field.  They weathered the climate.  They played the cards they were dealt, successfully.

Posted (edited)

8 mins ago, ken r said:

I guess it's like when I went through my divorce hoping things would be "equal", while the judge ruled for "equitable". In other words, ya get fuqqed.

And if it's sunny over yonder, damn well better be over here. You tell 'em ladies.

They contend climate change impacts Tanner Smith in Camden more than it does DeShawn Johnson in Haddonfield.

Even though they live 10 miles apart in the same climate.

I’d love for a resident prog to explain what Tanner’s climate did to him that DeShawn’s climate didn't do to him.

Patchy is a science guy.  Maybe he can shed some light

Edited by jkrock

Just now, playhard said:

Haddonfield HS Girls Lacrosse Group 2 State Champions 2019.  Lots of running up and down the field.  They weathered the climate.  They played the cards they were dealt, successfully.

Sounds racist

What a marvelous sounding plan, who in the world would say no to something like that? Oh that’s right, me, and for just one reason.  Simple solutions for nonexistent problems don’t do anything except fatten the pocketbooks of politicians and their Fat Cat backers.  BTW How’s that midnight basketball thingy working out? 

Because climate change policies are always just a means to redistribution for the left. 

10 mins ago, jkrock said:

The new green is the old red 

Watermelon.....green on the outside, commie red on the inside. It is why the founder of Green Peace walked away from the organization. No one cared about the environment, they only wanted to enact communism.

Justice is a legal term, usually scientists studying the climate don't use it much, but they will now that these wonderful women have employed it. Soon we will hear all about how climate justice means you must this or that in order to remain compliant. Environmental racism might be next up for them. This is where white people breathe, and that in and of itself is what makes it racist against the environment. White people breathing through their tiny little nostrils.

This is nothing more than these two throwing in together. Harris wants her popularity and Cortez is hoping she can get on the ticket. Maybe Cortez has been told that the large corporate media conglomerates have already selected the Democrat candidate. That it will be Harris because she best fits this cycle's theme of declaring everything racist. So two women of high distinction and qualification ( color ) running on the same ticket promising climate justice for all.

Climate justice is the next pivot in name to fool the unwashed. Global warming to climate change to climate justice. Which cup is it under? Keep you're eyes on the cup.

this whole thing is nothing more than the alt left Democrat Party pandering to their slaves living in s h it hole cities.