What am I missing in my bag

Rate this topic

Peterf

Ok so I fish the ccc like 3 days a WK for about 4hrs each time  I'm using the super strike.  The Polaris popper Gibbs casting swimmer. And a huge range of Magic swimmers and the Danny swimmer.  I have  tried the Savage eel. But no luck keeps getting stuck so I gave up after I lost my 4th one  

2 hours ago, Peterf said:

Ok so I fish the ccc like 3 days a WK for about 4hrs each time  I'm using the super strike.  The Polaris popper Gibbs casting swimmer. And a huge range of Magic swimmers and the Danny swimmer.  I have  tried the Savage eel. But no luck keeps getting stuck so I gave up after I lost my 4th one  

Use bucktails instead of the savage might work out better for you. The savage is not getting stuck your getting it stuck. 

2 hours ago, Peterf said:

I feel like the sp minnows are to small    I need to get some stick shadds

The SP Minnow is great for the Canal. Let it drift to the seams and reel slowly.

Edited by otiscop

Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job. 

Jigs... once current rips only jigs can hold in the water for long durations, I don’t like savage pointy head, but the body profile is amazing,  you should try more bullet head and change your style of jigging, you still will get snag but shouldn’t be that frequent

I think you need to spend more time watching other guys at the Canal. Bike around and find the guys that are catching 3x as many fish as anyone else and take mental notes on gear, plugs, where they are casting, how fast theyre retrieving, etc. Your second comment about SP minnows being too small shows your inexperience, bc there are some Ditch Trolls that only throw bombers in the canal and will catch all day and all night long.

I fish NJ, but whenever I go on a fishing trip (to the canal) I spend my first day scouting and observing conditions, bait, and technique. You can learn a lot from the guys that have already figured it out and have been fishing it for 3 days prior to your arrival or 30 years prior to your new hobby.

1 hour ago, DragonsLax48 said:

I think you need to spend more time watching other guys at the Canal. Bike around and find the guys that are catching 3x as many fish as anyone else and take mental notes on gear, plugs, where they are casting, how fast theyre retrieving, etc. Your second comment about SP minnows being too small shows your inexperience, bc there are some Ditch Trolls that only throw bombers in the canal and will catch all day and all night long.

I fish NJ, but whenever I go on a fishing trip (to the canal) I spend my first day scouting and observing conditions, bait, and technique. You can learn a lot from the guys that have already figured it out and have been fishing it for 3 days prior to your arrival or 30 years prior to your new hobby.

What's the top name brand for so minnows I try to get only the best