bob_G

This speaks for itself

Rate this topic

175 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

20190804_194755.jpg

I don’t think those cuffs were from taking a fish. There must have been a warrant or another violation (maybe had a gun at ACOE property)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 mins ago, Kones1 said:

There should be pics of all violators on here so we can all point at them when we see them and shoot rocks and stuff at them.  

I agree, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One story goes that an epo asked someone on the pier who the 2 fish belonged to and the answer was his grandfather and himself. No permits to catch them . The next question was what about the fish we just saw you catch at another location and placed in your trunk ? The poachers were not to happy with the results . They are out doing the best job they can and given so many violators around fishing it has become a joke as to who is legal and who is not.  It seems that this end of the canal , especially on the main land side seem to attract a good portion of the poachers and double and triple dippers of late along with the other places being watched . Yes it is unfortunate that not all get caught , but they are trying in my opinion .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

ok they are trying. but i see this behavior nite after nite after nite. the problem is vastly greater than the few arrests or citations you see. i dunno how you stop it. its like trying to stop a tsunami. you know its coming but little can be done about it.

 

i thought it was pretty bad last year but i think things really jumped the shark this year. 

Edited by bdowning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, bdowning said:

ok they are trying. but i see this behavior nite after nite after nite. the problem is vastly greater than the few arrests or citations you see. i dunno how you stop it. its like trying to stop a tsunami. you know its coming but little can be done about it.

 

i thought it was pretty bad last year but i think things really jumped the shark this year. 

 

I'd be interested to know, yet I understand there is no way to determine this, but of the mass ticketing on Sandwich and Bell road, how many of those vehicles returned in subsequent days to fish.

 

Bill, Bob......any idea what the fine is for an infraction such as this?

 

 

Edited by Joe G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 mins ago, Joe G said:

 

I'd be interested to know, yet I understand there is no way to determine this, but of the mass ticketing on Sandwich and Bell road, how many of those vehicles returned in subsequent days to fish.

 

Bill, Bob......any idea what the fine is for an infraction such as this?

 

 

A parking violation anywhere in town has always been $50. However a week back on Bell Rd at 2am some guy was howling about the $100 parking ticket he just received.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bdowning said:

bobg can give u the definitive answer, but i believe he said 50-100 bucks per vehicle.

 

1 hour ago, bob_G said:

A parking violation anywhere in town has always been $50. However a week back on Bell Rd at 2am some guy was howling about the $100 parking ticket he just received.

 

Thanks.  Flushing a Benjamin or two away will certainly put a hurt on many folks and may result in some to reassess if fishing the canal is even worthwhile.

 

Seems to me that town ticketing is a surer and quicker means of changing behavior than an EPO citing a violator and then said violator is merely given a wrist slap in court.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

What are the tickets for? So i dont get one

Is it in no parking areas of after hours??

Also would like to know, took a little break in july but think i'll come back this week. I'm assuming these db's parked in hanidcap spots (the 100) or something else? Anyone got any info on the tickets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gulino12 said:

Also would like to know, took a little break in july but think i'll come back this week. I'm assuming these db's parked in hanidcap spots (the 100) or something else? Anyone got any info on the tickets?

Parking in a handicapped spot illegally should be a 500$ fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gray gables said:

Parking in a handicapped spot illegally should be a 500$ fine. 

Interesting, thanks. Didn’t know they were that much. I like it though. Now more curious what the tickets were for. Guess it could be anything from expired reg/ inspections to non parking spaces. Could just be reminding people of the privilege to park there and they are looking for things to ensure that happens 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.