bob_G

This speaks for itself

Rate this topic

175 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, bob_G said:

I think the coconut network among some of these groups is amazing. Our military could take lessons. :laugh: . All it takes is a rumor of fish and they all show up.

Its unreal Bob.  I have had three out of state cars from as far as North Carolina show up in random spots I fish.   Its "lurkers" that are the issue.  They never mention anything but they join tons of sites and just look for an actionable report then jump on it.

GPS and Google maps has given people the ability to find and get to places that before a report might not have led to them finding.  Before just finding the location was very difficult and deterred a large percentage of them from trying to chase it.  But being able to get to the exact spot accurately the first attempt with new navigation aids is in my opinion the main reason report chasing is becoming so much more prevalent and precise.

The rest of the Cape has taking the easy route to get rid of littering ,disruptive fishermen. Just shut down the parking areas one by one. The locals who live near the Canal will take the same parking restriction route. Just a matter of time. Bye bye night fishing at the Canal ......and maybe daytime also. 

I KNOW....

LET'S START ANOTHER DETAILED CANAL FISHING TUTORIAL THREAD!!

Yeah... Let's show the whole damn world how to catch fish in the canal! Let's inform the POACHERS, the fish MISHANDLERS, the GREEDY who RAPE everything, and every other Joe Blow. Maybe that will help! 

The canal fishing spot is too big and it can't be burnt right?

I NEVER contributed to those threads. Those threads should be erased from the archives. Those threads have thousands of views and IS spot burning. :mad:

6 hours ago, night owl said:

I KNOW....

LET'S START ANOTHER DETAILED CANAL FISHING TUTORIAL THREAD!!

Yeah... Let's show the whole damn world how to catch fish in the canal! Let's inform the POACHERS, the fish MISHANDLERS, the GREEDY who RAPE everything, and every other Joe Blow. Maybe that will help! 

The canal fishing spot is too big and it can't be burnt right?

I NEVER contributed to those threads. Those threads should be erased from the archives. Those threads have thousands of views and IS spot burning. :mad:

Bravo!

Just talking about the place burns it now. B Rd in the past was empty most times and if a vehicle or 2 were there you pretty much knew who they were. I haven’t fished it since 96 when it first became infested. A shame what our fellow humans are capable of. Savages

In retrospect, 10-15 ago, that late John Fernze, aka JFBasser, was prophetic in saying the mere mention of the word Canal was a spot burn.

We should have heeded your advice, John.   I'm sure your up there chuckling and looking down at all this insanity we have now.

6 mins ago, Joe G said:

In retrospect, 10-15 ago, that late John Fernze, aka JFBasser, was prophetic in saying the mere mention of the word Canal was a spot burn.

We should have heeded your advice, John.   I'm sure your up there chuckling and looking down at all this insanity we have now.

It wouldn't have mattered.

1 hour ago, Plug and teaser said:

It wouldn't have mattered.

I'll say it again....

If everyone is so worried about the crowds at the canal, then why are people so quick to give advice to visiting fisherman. Why not let them struggle and not return? Instead, people here dole out advice and then complain that more and more are fishing the canal. 

There is a lot of info on this site already. Maybe an agreement should be made to no longer provide additional information

Blame it on social media all you want - THIS IS SOCIAL MEDIA

On 7/31/2019 at 3:30 PM, The Graveyard Shift said:

Its unreal Bob.  I have had three out of state cars from as far as North Carolina show up in random spots I fish.   Its "lurkers" that are the issue.  They never mention anything but they join tons of sites and just look for an actionable report then jump on it.

GPS and Google maps has given people the ability to find and get to places that before a report might not have led to them finding.  Before just finding the location was very difficult and deterred a large percentage of them from trying to chase it.  But being able to get to the exact spot accurately the first attempt with new navigation aids is in my opinion the main reason report chasing is becoming so much more prevalent and precise.

I'm sure the fishemen of NC feel the exact same way when the liscense plates from Mass show up on their beaches.    It all evens out.

1 hour ago, Malsow said:

I'll say it again....

If everyone is so worried about the crowds at the canal, then why are people so quick to give advice to visiting fisherman. Why not let them struggle and not return? Instead, people here dole out advice and then complain that more and more are fishing the canal. 

There is a lot of info on this site already. Maybe an agreement should be made to no longer provide additional information

Blame it on social media all you want - THIS IS SOCIAL MEDIA

Why do you come to SOL?

Brutal, creative enforcement is the issue.

1 group of 3 men: A state cop, a state conservation officer, and an ICE officer, all with night vision goggles.

Get cited for any reason (illegal parking, litter, poaching, disturbing the peace), and if you are a citizen, you get written up for every violation they can find, and if you are not a citizen, you get arrested on the spot, detained, tried tomorrow and deported tomorrow night.

How many people will really need to get deported or fined into oblivion before words get out that nothing will be tolerated at the canal (anywhere, really) except those that behave like boy scouts.

17 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

Brutal, creative enforcement is the issue.

1 group of 3 men: A state cop, a state conservation officer, and an ICE officer, all with night vision goggles.

Get cited for any reason (illegal parking, litter, poaching, disturbing the peace), and if you are a citizen, you get written up for every violation they can find, and if you are not a citizen, you get arrested on the spot, detained, tried tomorrow and deported tomorrow night.

How many people will really need to get deported or fined into oblivion before words get out that nothing will be tolerated at the canal (anywhere, really) except those that behave like boy scouts.

Ironic you should bring it up. The Bourne PD has been enjoying field days writting tickets for parking infractions in and around the canal.  Saw them in action again this AM. No warnings no breaks.  :clap:

10 mins ago, Malsow said:

Why do you care?

We'll you keep saying how the internet and SOL ruined the canal, yet you persist in posting here. I'm just curious as to your reasoning? If I disliked some so much, I'd just stay away.

3 mins ago, bob_G said:

We'll you keep saying how the internet and SOL ruined the canal, yet you persist in posting here. I'm just curious as to your reasoning? If I disliked some so much, I'd just stay away.

As I've said before, my question about continuing to provide advice re the canal was based on the high frequency of complaints on this site re the crowds at the canal. It makes me wonder why do people complain about the crowds and still be inviting at the same time. Doesn't make much sense. 

I came onto this site to add to a thread about recent canal events, after hearing someone had recently been stabbed at the MMA.  Which is a story I've heard retold multiple times though when I first mentioned it people thought it was not credible.