bob_G

This speaks for itself

Rate this topic

175 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, bob_G said:

IMG_20190729_152729.jpg

After re rereading this article it is apparent that David is writing this with second hand knowledge and was was spoon fed what to say by some who was not present when this fish of size was caught and released alive and then rolled over and was captured by another fishermen and taken home to harvest. No environmental officer  was ever present when this situation occurred . Yes a video was taken , however that was not on the same day from all accounts . It had not one thing to do with the unfortunate  situation that unfolded on the day where a fish of size after some pictures were taken, was put back in the water alive , swam for short period of time and then went bellied up . This was discussed in great lentgh when it happened here and elsewhere  and as usual some folks have decided to make a story where there is  non that is true and factual.  

Man Hate reading this stuff. Was going to fish Saturday am. Usually fish week days but was coming down for a reunion and figure can fish also. Now not sure if it's worth getting up at 0130 to get down for the sun rise. Too bad like coming down evn if I didn't catch.  Scott

1 hour ago, capequahog said:

MA govt can’t manage most of its major entities do you really think they are worried about short fish poachers ?

Massachusetts government agencies in general have a poor reputation that is for sure.

8 hours ago, b-ware said:

What you said is very true, a few short years ago when this was happening at BSP many people laughed and scoffed (on this site also).  Well it turns out that parking there is restricked and now you are being charged.  The town roads along the canal are pretty much covered with No Parking signs and all the Corps has to do is put up no parking signs in their lots from dusk to dawn.  Access has not been denied just parking.

I took a ride through the Mass. Maritime Campus last week end (twice) and saw many fishermen and vehicles with rods on them, I thought it was closed to fishermen...…………. 

Nope still there

6 hours ago, GuiltyAsCharged said:

yep. How many of these a$$holes would be fishing if it was 100% catch and release?

As long at the woman roller bladers are there C&R fine with me

45 mins ago, sks said:

Man Hate reading this stuff. Was going to fish Saturday am. Usually fish week days but was coming down for a reunion and figure can fish also. Now not sure if it's worth getting up at 0130 to get down for the sun rise. Too bad like coming down evn if I didn't catch.  Scott

Would have to get there at 11 the night before...

The tide has turned on fishermen everywhere. Their bad behavior has gotten to a breaking point with the citizens of towns with good fishing. The citizens will win in the end and SHUT IT ALL DOWN. No parking = little to no access to fishing areas. Glad I had a good run when the fishing world was still wide open with access.  It can never be that good again.....and that is sad.

1 hour ago, Angler #1 said:

After re rereading this article it is apparent that David is writing this with second hand knowledge and was was spoon fed what to say by some who was not present when this fish of size was caught and released alive and then rolled over and was captured by another fishermen and taken home to harvest. No environmental officer  was ever present when this situation occurred . Yes a video was taken , however that was not on the same day from all accounts . It had not one thing to do with the unfortunate  situation that unfolded on the day where a fish of size after some pictures were taken, was put back in the water alive , swam for short period of time and then went bellied up . This was discussed in great lentgh when it happened here and elsewhere  and as usual some folks have decided to make a story where there is  non that is true and factual.  

Maybe not The EPO part. Maybe days were different but the video shows the problem with the foul hooked fish fiasco. If you can't see that you did not watch it with anything but rose colored glasses. Listen to Mike trying to correct what was going on. How can you deny that. David spoon fed? So what he got the idea across. Wake Up!

10 mins ago, K Foley said:

Maybe not The EPO part. Maybe days were different but the video shows the problem with the foul hooked fish fiasco. If you can't see that you did not watch it with anything but rose colored glasses. Listen to Mike trying to correct what was going on. How can you deny that. David spoon fed? So what he got the idea across. Wake Up!

Yes David touched on many items that we here have been discussing for well over 5 years now, No changes there. David indicated in his article above as occurring on the same day, which it did not . This is the reference i speak of in regards to being spoon fed on many of the words as it relates to a well known angler  that was printed that are absolutely false reporting in order to dramatize his article. Turning 85 today has kept me wide awake all day , Perhaps after the ball game I might find some time to snooze. A reporter should be writing about the truth and not making it for effect. Now you can go back to sleep:howdy:  

4 mins ago, K Foley said:

Did you see the video and think that was OK?

Kevin did not see the video as i posted it was not on the same day as the other event , nor how it was explained as all one happening, that is all i was attempting to clear up .

Spoke to an old friend who has been using the stealth mode to catch some specimens from where you helped me carry those fish in another time , even when some here having saying that we have no fish around . Are you fishing any longer? I have had to give up many of the places I cleared over the years as in the end it is not worth the continued hospital stayes . They kept me fishing a little longer, but its time to bite the bullet and just fish the limited safe places . Good talking with you, we need to sit down on side for a cup of coffee some time with brother Joe and see where we all are at:howdy:

1 hour ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Where ever the next group of fish show up these people will be there for sure.

Not if we don’t tell them :)

Posted (edited) · Report post

24 mins ago, ged said:

Not if we don’t tell them :)

I think the coconut network among some of these groups is amazing. Our military could take lessons. :laugh: . All it takes is a rumor of fish and they all show up.

Edited by bob_G