bob_G

This speaks for itself

Rate this topic

175 posts in this topic

14 mins ago, giant basshole said:

Deleted. This type of behavior is not a solution, but rather contributes to the problem.  We're not going the "lynchin party" route. :)

1 hour ago, bob_G said:

Deleted. This type of behavior is not a solution, but rather contributes to the problem.  We're not going the "lynchin party" route. :)

Good luck 

2 hours ago, z-man said:

Yes. Show the Ron Arra video. I haven’t seen it but I tried searching for it and saw tons of pictures of him posing with big dead bass at the canal. Usually with a lure perfectly placed in the corner of the mouth. 

Especially since he makes money selling rods for fishing the canal. 

8 hours ago, bob_G said:

I cant tell you how many times I got up at 2am, only to return home by 3 because there was no place to park or fish.

How many years were you preaching to fish at night, plenty of room? I think they all  finally listened to your invite.

:howdy:

10 hours ago, bob_G said:

I cant tell you how many times I got up at 2am, only to return home by 3 because there was no place to park or fish.

But the middle of the night noise factor is going to be our undoing. I swing into Bell Rd every night on the way home.  The behavior is often outrageous. From open poaching, yelling, litter, people relieving themselves wherever they want, car alarms going off all night long, it never ends. 

What you said is very true, a few short years ago when this was happening at BSP many people laughed and scoffed (on this site also).  Well it turns out that parking there is restricked and now you are being charged.  The town roads along the canal are pretty much covered with No Parking signs and all the Corps has to do is put up no parking signs in their lots from dusk to dawn.  Access has not been denied just parking.

I took a ride through the Mass. Maritime Campus last week end (twice) and saw many fishermen and vehicles with rods on them, I thought it was closed to fishermen...…………. 

16 hours ago, jdr724 said:

This morning wasn't what I would call a great poaching opportunity given the lack of bass where I was(bluefish activity was:-)

Saw plenty of trash this morning ie: half  plate of rice and a plastic fork with a half empty water bottle, many lure packages, line, line, more line, huge pile of scales etc.....

You could put a billboard with this article on it right across the street from where these guys live and they will never get it.

Unfortunately, the litter problem is not only a CCC problem. It seems some folks are pigs and feel that the wide open is their garbage can. Almost everywhere I fish , including the canal, I see lots of litter. It is a shame that a few out there don't respect the spots that others allow us to park our vehicles and to fish. There is no quicker way to shut down a privileged location than with lots of garbage and noise.

11 hours ago, bob_G said:

But the middle of the night noise factor is going to be our undoing. I swing into Bell Rd every night on the way home.  The behavior is often outrageous. From open poaching, yelling, litter, people relieving themselves wherever they want, car alarms going off all night long, it never ends. 

Shut it down. The entire canal, both sides.

Shut the canal down all the trash and trashy folks will just go to your sacred secluded beach spots then we will have another thread  and more restricted parking 

12 hours ago, bob_G said:

I truly feel sorry for the residents. They should fence that whole section off and close it at night.  

There is a simple solution to thinning out the crowds along the canal. Raise the size limit to 40 or 45". It worked during the "moratorium" of the last striper collapse. Then the size limit was raised to 36". The stocks recovered. The fishing was actually good. There were very few people fishing the Canal or anywhere else for that matter. Of course strict enforcement and high fines would be required to keep people honest.

I used to believe that the vast majority of fisherman were good people:  They cared about the fish, they were respect full and didn't want to kill every last game fish.  Now I am not so sure. 

1 hour ago, ken r said:

Shut it down. The entire canal, both sides.

Maybe we could put a damn on both ends and drain the canal. That should do the job. Of course we could just have higher expectations for enforcement which has been pretty much non-existent for 20 years. ACOE has budgeted for Bourne PD patrolling. This may help with the criminal activity, noise, trespassing etc. Who is enforcing the fishing regulations there? What has the state done to address the issue from an enforcement perspective? They don't even enforce the fishing without a permit violations. 

1 hour ago, VanStaalSteve said:

Unfortunately, the litter problem is not only a CCC problem. It seems some folks are pigs and feel that the wide open is their garbage can. Almost everywhere I fish , including the canal, I see lots of litter. It is a shame that a few out there don't respect the spots that others allow us to park our vehicles and to fish. There is no quicker way to shut down a privileged location than with lots of garbage and noise.

I just filled three 13 gallon trash bags from a favorite spot.  Though in this case it looked like homeless people camping out there or people using drugs not fishermen.