codfish

albi lure size

Rate this topic

50 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

My arsenal

Favs custom painted and tied crippled herring 1/2 & 3/4 oz.

Lots Hogy, limited released colors & all sizes

7/8 0zWaxwings 

KIMG1038.JPG

KIMG1040.JPG

Edited by FishRatz
Pic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Once you are dialed in on what they are taking ... prepare yourself for the rude awakening  that things are going to change. I do get a kick out of all the recommendations that were made ... did the Albies taste buds change? I remember when you could kick ass on a Deadly Dick or a Swedish Pimple, yet no mention. How about the Hammer lure ... don’t leave home without it back in the late 90’s. Don’t forget the Fluorocarbon leader ... tell all those fish that were landed before it was invented. 

I think we use equipment as an excuse for our failure sometimes ( not all times) ... last season I went back to mono leader and I think I did as well as my friends using Fluoro. I think we have to adapt when we are not catching but I believe we are giving these fish way to much credit ... I have my share of Albie lures (possibly your share too).Flexibility is the key to success in my opinion and it’s not too bad to have a little luck on your side sometimes.

Edited by smellfish

On 8/2/2019 at 1:31 PM, rickhern said:

My absolute best Bonito lure(and Albies tear it it too) is 5" long, almost 3" wide and 3" tall:)  Doesn't cast as bad as you might think.

That will keep them scratching their heads......

2 hours ago, FishRatz said:

My arsenal

Favs custom painted and tied crippled herring 1/2 & 3/4 oz.

Lots Hogy, limited released colors & all sizes

7/8 0zWaxwings 

KIMG1038.JPG

KIMG1040.JPG

My box used to look quite similar, but I have replaced 60% of the epoxy jigs with other options.

1 hour ago, smellfish said:

Once you are dialed in on what they are taking ... prepare yourself for the rude awakening  that things are going to change. I do get a kick out of all the recommendations that were made ... did the Albies taste buds change? I remember when you could kick ass on a Deadly Dick or a Swedish Pimple, yet no mention. How about the Hammer lure ... don’t leave home without it back in the late 90’s. Don’t forget the Fluorocarbon leader ... tell all those fish that were landed before it was invented. 

I think we use equipment as an excuse for our failure sometimes ( not all times) ... last season I went back to mono leader and I think I did as well as my friends using Fluoro. I think we have to adapt when we are not catching but I believe we are giving these fish way to much credit ... I have my share of Albie lures (possibly p water baits. Flexibility is the key to success in my opinion and it’s not too bad to have a little luck on your side sometimes.

Yep. Deadly dicks were mentioned and albies still love them. No need to spend $10-$12 on jigs to catch Little Tunny.