Wire For Fire

Smiths point without 4x4

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

So after living the last 35 years and fishing the last 25 years in Nassau, I just bought a home out in the ronk .. so it’s puts me about equal distance from Moses ( which I’m a regular ) and smiths (which I’ve fished all of one time about 15 yrs ago .. 

looking for advice on permits and parking mainly and if it even worth the time and money without 4x4 vehicle..  It looks like they offer a night pass for 50$ ? And then ya need a green key ? The whole thing is confusing on their websites .. 

thanks in advanced and if ya want to pm me that’s cool I get not putting it all out there .. just getting antsy to go explore and just want to make sure all my ducks in a row .. last thing I need is dumb ass tickets 

Non 4x4 in Suffolk Co.

Green Key $30-good for three years

Night Fishing Permit $20 (resident)/annually

You need a Green Key to buy a Night Fishing Permit.

If you dont mind walking. You can park in lot before bridge and walk over the bridge. It costs you nothing. If you want to fish FiNS its a little over 2 miles walking.

3 hours ago, Wire For Fire said:

Thanks gentlemen.. nope don’t mind waking at all . Just want to make sure I’m not coming back to a ticket 

Smiths point doesnt own the parking lot before the bridge, no worries.

Posted (edited) · Report post

8 hours ago, GarbageFish said:

what about parking in the marina lot at night?

This is from DEC site

Seasonal Access Permits

A seasonal access permit is required for all activities on most NYSDEC managed lands on Long Island. The permit is free and valid for three years. To obtain a seasonal access permit, use the link on the right to download the application and follow the instructions at the bottom of the first page of the document. Permit holders must observe regulations for use of NYSDEC managed lands in Suffolk County.

And this one is from Suffolk county parks site

This marina offers a boat ramp for Green Key holders looking to spend a day on the water. The boat ramp features a freshwater wash-down and 50 parking spots for trailers. Yearly or daily permits are required.

The Boat Ramp Features:

• MultiLane Concrete Ramp
  • Freshwater Washdown
  • 50 Parking Spots for Trailers

Hours of Operation:*No Overnight Parking*

Yearly or daily permits are required and can be purchased at Smith Point County Park or the West Sayville Administration Office.

No overnight parking

Edited by Popasilov