Another St. Croix Mojo SNAPPED

Rate this topic

Pistol Pete

21 hours ago, tiizzyy said:

Give them a call, sometimes they take a while to answer emails, I usually speak to dan and he straight forward with things, they will let you know what they can do. 

Dan's the man. He upgraded my 8' Mojo to the Avid. I like Andy too.

3 mins ago, Adrianb said:

How are you loading your rod on the back cast? Are you whipping it out or letting it dangle before you actually drive it forward?

Listen... I know what I am doing... I'm not one of those " whip back whip forward in one motion casters.   I would have never started this post if I though that even for a second that my casting style, or recent damage was the cause of this break.  

Let me summarize my main point:  St Croix mojo's have had a huge number of their rods 

snap at a place that rods should not break on a cast... the foregrip.  I did not snap the tip, I didn't break it highsticking a fish in close... it snapped at my fore grip on a 2.5 oz plug.  I personally know people who's lower half has snapped the same way.  I'm not vilifying a brand, I have no favorite brand... I am saying the MOJO has issues. 

1 min ago, Pistol Pete said:

Listen... I know what I am doing... I'm not one of those " whip back whip forward in one motion casters.   I would have never started this post if I though that even for a second that my casting style, or recent damage was the cause of this break.  

Let me summarize my main point:  St Croix mojo's have had a huge number of their rods 

snap at a place that rods should not break on a cast... the foregrip.  I did not snap the tip, I didn't break it highsticking a fish in close... it snapped at my fore grip on a 2.5 oz plug.  I personally know people who's lower half has snapped the same way.  I'm not vilifying a brand, I have no favorite brand... I am saying the MOJO has issues. 

Thanks, now I'm having buyers remorse XD

On 7/25/2019 at 2:02 PM, rdiezel said:

I recently sent out my mojo out for warranty, paid $20 for label and another $20 for return, no questions asked. It is still under the 5 year warranty that comes with it but when I received it back, it was still broken. Not sure if it was an improper repair or what, but they did say they were going to send me another top section, so I’m just waiting for now.

You have to ad additional $40 to get warranty replacement?

Nice crap.....

(*member formerly known as 'Ricardo8')

9 mins ago, Pistol Pete said:

Where should rods break on a cast?

11 mins ago, nateD said:

Where should rods break on a cast?

The thin side? :idea:

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."  

~Henry David Thoreau
(member formerly known as MV Bluefish)

10 mins ago, Romer Treece said:

What rod manufacturer pays for your shipping on a warranty claim?

Daiwa did for my reel....

I am using Century UK rods for the last 10 years....no need to ship them back....

(*member formerly known as 'Ricardo8')

19 mins ago, Mahigo said:

You have to ad additional $40 to get warranty replacement?

Nice crap.....

That’s what I thought, plus the price to have it wrapped up at fedex, unless you have a big enough box for it already. I had the rod for less than six months....of it was like 3 years then I wouldn’t have minded paying the $40.

4 hours ago, Kima said:

A rod doesn't last 7 years and then break from a defect. It either breaks right away or doesn't.  Something happened to damage that rod whether you want to admit it or not.

St. Croix should be suing him for abuse and slander!

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."  

~Henry David Thoreau
(member formerly known as MV Bluefish)

2 mins ago, Mahigo said:

Daiwa did for my reel....

I am using Century UK rods for the last 10 years....no need to ship them back....

I said rod manufacturer in my post, reels are obviously easier and cheaper to ship than rods. And refer to Post #33 of this thread for the pic of the busted Century.