Pistol Pete

Another St. Croix Mojo SNAPPED

Rate this topic

245 posts in this topic

My 11' Mojo rod snapped on a routine cast just above my hand on the fore grip, casting a darter.

I have heard this is a very common issue on legends and mojo.  

Contacted customer service, no reply.

And honestly, any company who makes a solid product should not need to offer

so many add-on "warranty plans".  That means the failure rate of their product is high.

Anyone else have this issue?  I refuse to buy a warranty plan... Not giving st. Croix another 

cent of my business... There are simply too many other rod companies I can support.

Thanks for the ignore ST. Croix... I guess you only respond to people who pay for a lame warranty. 

IMG_4137.JPG

These are not “add on” warranty plans. These are the different options that you have to repair the rod. If the rod broke the way you described it and it’s under the warranty period then it will cost you $20. If it was an accident then it will cost you more . If you want to upgrade then the price goes up.  In your case since you claim it broke while you cast, your cost is $20.

How long do you own the rod? First buyer?

I recently sent out my mojo out for warranty, paid $20 for label and another $20 for return, no questions asked. It is still under the 5 year warranty that comes with it but when I received it back, it was still broken. Not sure if it was an improper repair or what, but they did say they were going to send me another top section, so I’m just waiting for now.

2 hours ago, Pistol Pete said:

My 11' Mojo rod snapped on a routine cast just above my hand on the fore grip, casting a darter.

I have heard this is a very common issue on legends and mojo.  

Contacted customer service, no reply.

And honestly, any company who makes a solid product should not need to offer

so many add-on "warranty plans".  That means the failure rate of their product is high.

Anyone else have this issue?  I refuse to buy a warranty plan... Not giving st. Croix another 

cent of my business... There are simply too many other rod companies I can support.

Thanks for the ignore ST. Croix... I guess you only respond to people who pay for a lame warranty. 

IMG_4137.JPG

Sorry dude that sux

I work for a St. Croix retailer and they stand alone as the one company we deal with that's never dropped the ball on a warranty claim. Not one time. If you break your 8 year old triumph (which comes with a 2 year warranty), they'll prorate the cost of a new rod even after the warranty expires. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish with an email, but yeah, 2 weeks after Icast while every retailer in the country is doing their pre-season orders (ours was 30k$) they probably aren't very quick to respond to random emails.

Give them a call, sometimes they take a while to answer emails, I usually speak to dan and he straight forward with things, they will let you know what they can do. 

I spoke with them yesterday about a possible fix for a broken top section of 6'6" premier that was built in 2003. I was on hold for 2 mins and got my instructions on how to send it back from a lovely lady. Easy peasy...give them a call and speak to a rep. 

3 hours ago, Birdsnester said:

But a Century 

I have 2 nor'easters they are my favorite.   The mojo was my "backup" rod

20 mins ago, the3fishheads said:

Whatever you do dont buy another Mojo.

Obviously.

Nope.  I know too many people that had this lower section break the same way. 

Maybe if all you guys stop buying Mojo's they'll lower the price and I can collect even more of them....