HKJonathan

People who fail to follow through on offers to purchase

6 posts in this topic

I responded to a post about a person who wanted to buy some Stick Shads.  I offered up a couple, he negotiated the price and we agreed.  He then PMs me asking on how to proceed since this is his first purchase.  I explain how people typically send payment and then the seller ships the goods.  He mentions that he wants to send a bank check to which I responded I though this would be an expensive approach for 2 Stick Shads with a total of $20.  Since then, he has not responded to any PMs even though he has been on the site.  I'm not out anything since I had not shipped, but I would have expected the basic courtesy of a response.  I wonder if he was trying to scam me with this "bank check". 

People not following through isn't good form here but first time buyer and all I would be generous with turning this into a lesson vs. a witch hunt.

Reply in your thread asking him to follow up.   No action on his part just don't offer anything else to him in the WTB section

You replied in his WTB thread.  Asking him to follow up without a response will show others that he is absent from his own thread and likely serve as an alert for others not to bother. 

4 mins ago, DaveC said:

Who was it?

I don’t offhand since it was several months ago.  If I find it, I will send you a pm since you are a moderator.  In the past, Tim asked me not to post the name of another member with whom I had a problem (different problem.... that guy sent me a rod that was not at all what was described)