ksong

9' and 12' Black Hole Striped Bass Special surf rods

Rate this topic

49 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, JButts said:

 

How would the 3/4-4 pair with a Stradic 5000FJK?

that combo, is for sure, good with a 9 or 10 ft. rod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will have a demo day at Bulkhead off Coast Guard Station in Cape Cod Canal at 6 pm on July 27 ( Sat.)

You can check new prototype 9' and 12" Black Hole Striped Bass Special surf rods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ksong -   I love my 10' that I bought of striper surf and would consider buying a 9'.  QQ - Am I the only one complaining about the thick foam about the reel seat?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

36 mins ago, Goldy said:

@ksong -   I love my 10' that I bought of striper surf and would consider buying a 9'.  QQ - Am I the only one complaining about the thick foam about the reel seat?  

Black Hole Striped Bass surf rods have much thinner foregrip.

20190729_141338.jpg

Edited by ksong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ksong said:

Black Hole Striped Bass surf rods have much thinner foregrip.

20190729_141338.jpg

Do you happen to know the butt diameter and tip diameter of the blank?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tiizzyy said:

Do you happen to know the butt diameter and tip diameter of the blank?

I can not measure them as we have only complete rods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ksong said:

Black Hole Striped Bass surf rods have much thinner foregrip.

20190729_141338.jpg

Ksong - that is what i'm talking about . The foam at the top.  I'm still getting used to it.  I've had one of the first 10' 3/4-4oz ones, and i'm still getting used to it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 mins ago, Goldy said:

Ksong - that is what i'm talking about . The foam at the top.  I'm still getting used to it.  I've had one of the first 10' 3/4-4oz ones, and i'm still getting used to it

I am wondering how anglers use no foregrip as it is hard to hold while fighting. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ksong said:

I am wondering how anglers use no foregrip as it is hard to hold while fighting. :)

Idk, maybe i've been doing it for a while with st croix / ODM.  Its a little boatroddish.  

 

Don't get me wrong i still like it, but I thought bout shaving it down a little

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, tiizzyy said:

Do you happen to know the butt diameter and tip diameter of the blank?

I have the 11' so to give you an idea , 17mm butt , 3mm tip and a hair over 15mm were my reel seat is going  to go. 

I might be able to squeeze a Fuji 16 reel seat on it , the Fuji 16 is actually 15mm ID, but think I will build it out to take either a Fuji NPS 18 or 20.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ksong said:

I am wondering how anglers use no foregrip as it is hard to hold while fighting. :)

Holding the rod with the reel foot between your fingers..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, connman said:

I have the 11' so to give you an idea , 17mm butt , 3mm tip and a hair over 15mm were my reel seat is going  to go. 

I might be able to squeeze a Fuji 16 reel seat on it , the Fuji 16 is actually 15mm ID, but think I will build it out to take either a Fuji NPS 18 or 20.

thank you, that's the info I needed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2019 at 10:52 PM, connman said:

I have the 11' so to give you an idea , 17mm butt , 3mm tip and a hair over 15mm were my reel seat is going  to go. 

I might be able to squeeze a Fuji 16 reel seat on it , the Fuji 16 is actually 15mm ID, but think I will build it out to take either a Fuji NPS 18 or 20.

Thanks for your help. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.