Rate this topic

204 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, FoliFish said:

There was an incident on Mayflower Beach back in 2017 involving some young folks, booze and sex....middle of the day...in front of a lot of families.  I've heard that the police on Dennis beaches have ramped up booze patrol and are actively searching coolers since then? 

DENNIS—Three teenagers arrested on Mayflower Beach Tuesday afternoon after allegedly having sex in the water while a crowd gathered to cheer them on, and a friend who police say didn’t listen when he was told to leave the area, will not be arraigned for at least six months, an Orleans District Court judge said.  CCTimes 7/5/2017

Selectmen finalize plan for cracking down on alcohol consumption and improving traffic and safety conditions at town beaches.

SOUTH DENNIS — Months of talks spurred by a 2017 incident, in which teenagers were seen allegedly drunk and having sex in plain view at Mayflower Beach, led selectmen to finalize a plan for cracking down on alcohol consumption and improving traffic and safety conditions at town beaches, to the tune of about $150,000. 

The Board of Selectmen voted at its regular meeting Tuesday to approve suggestions included in three memos to Town Administrator Elizabeth Sullivan by Beach Director Dustin Pineau, Police Chief Peter DiMatteo and Town Engineer Thomas Andrade, but stopped short of approving more than $500,000 to fund recommendations by a Beach Safety and Monitoring Committee formed last year in response to the Mayflower Beach incident.

Central to the approved plan is a $100,740 tandem effort by beach monitors to spot people violating the rules and police officers to enforce them.

Six monitors will be stationed at beach entrances to check coolers for alcohol during the summer months, at a cost of $52,530 for fiscal 2019, according to Pineau’s memo. The monitors could be rotated between beaches based on need, he said at the meeting.

CCTimes 2/28/18

so my dads been telling me about these searches for a year or two now? Is this legal? To be denied entrance to a public beach for not allowing an illegal search? I haven't got to a Dennis beach this year, let alone been searched there, but im very tempted to say no you cant search me without probable cause and make a big stink. They checked my moms backpack a few weeks ago apparently, whats up with that? How broad do these get, and as they arent law enforcement, how would they hold up if they found some kind of illegal item ie drugs or guns or something? Or better question, whos liable for the college kid conducting the search when the gun touting canal nutcase wants to bring his piece with his 30 rack to mayflower? 

14 hours ago, gulino12 said:

so my dads been telling me about these searches for a year or two now? Is this legal? To be denied entrance to a public beach for not allowing an illegal search? I haven't got to a Dennis beach this year, let alone been searched there, but im very tempted to say no you cant search me without probable cause and make a big stink. They checked my moms backpack a few weeks ago apparently, whats up with that? How broad do these get, and as they arent law enforcement, how would they hold up if they found some kind of illegal item ie drugs or guns or something? Or better question, whos liable for the college kid conducting the search when the gun touting canal nutcase wants to bring his piece with his 30 rack to mayflower? 

Is it legal to deny entrance to a porting event?  Private sector but still...

how about district court?  That’s a public building but they have the right to deny entrance without a search.  Where’s the line???

Posted (edited) · Report post

Jason I love this photo of this particular Mediocre Caucasian Fish.  She's been featured at Guadalupe Island  on the Discovery Channel multiple times and it's huge.   Not only is it huge but the distinctive huge scar on it's right cheek is incredible.  

The video clips and photo stills from that shot is awesome.  

That is one old MLF that's been banged in Guadalupe until the cows come home!

Edited by flylikabird

12 mins ago, jason colby said:

"From now on", we have to be "PC"!

gwspc.png

Lol.

i was hiking with a friend years back and we saw a red tailed hawk catching some sort of updraft... wings extended, no flapping and just playing in the wind current with his eyes zeroed in looking for prey.

My buddy looked up at it and completely casually utters “stupid falcon” and keeps walking.  :laugh:

This kind of reminds me of that.

7 hours ago, z-man said:

It is pretty ridiculous to search everyone’s bags and coolers due to a few idiot teenagers getting drunk. 

It goes much deeper than that. The bayside Dennis beaches are probably the most popular on cape. The local PD has been dealing with alcohol related **** for years. Getting national tv exposure for that particular incident was the straw that broke the camels back.

On 8/2/2019 at 10:47 AM, z-man said:

It is pretty ridiculous to search everyone’s bags and coolers due to a few idiot teenagers getting drunk. 

Agree 100%. I finally read the story about the teenagers. From what I've been hearing on hear it sounded like 4th of July crowded beach and someone's got someone bent over a trash barrel in the sand in front of a kindergarten field trip. Everything I've read they were 100 feet from shore in the water and the cop observing said he couldn't see what was going on beneath the water (meaning no one else could either) and all he could see was "kissing and close embrace". This story is a big nothing burger as far as I can see. Besides, they were arrested and had their day in court the way it's suppose to work. I can't see why any other measures that infringe on the every day beach goer are needed because of this event? Gimme a break

On 7/22/2019 at 10:13 PM, cj7fisherman said:

This is what I tell myself when fishing on my jet ski or kayak

Saw one 14-15' on the SS last year fishing off the tip of a long jetty,coulda touched it w/ my pole it was so close...freaking huge!

My wife just told me that she is not bringing her kayak to the Cape for summer vacation.  

I asked my son if he wanted to surf Nauset and he shrugged and said sure. 

download.jpg

I watched the discovery program about the CC GWs last night. Very little new info for me. Greg Skomal said he had tracked over 300 sharks and there is probably a lot more. Most of the program was about GWs off some island in the middle of nowhere in the Pacific.