Rate this topic

171 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, Malsow said:

I heard there was one spotted in the same area over the weekend. Some one posted a pic of it on one if the shark tracking apps. 

There is also footage from a family reeling in a fish and as it was getting right up to the boat a shark came up and whacked it. It was on the globe's website.

Pulling in a fouled line. Fantastic hit. Comments were funny bunch of moron liberals pointing out how the kid in the vid wasnt wearing a pfd and how " thats what happens when you wear a trump hat " . Um, 12 and under = pfd underway. The level of intelligence from the pink ***** hat crowd is hilarious. 

Edited by FEW3
'Nt

17 mins ago, Pescador710 said:

I was including that in Chatham to p town. I guess we should say, all of Cape Cod Bay and the outer beaches but no one would be surprised about sighting/attack anywhere in coastal northeast. 

They do do seem to be much less frequent visitors of warmer water areas like buzzards bay and south facing beaches...

This is what I tell myself when fishing on my jet ski or kayak

1 hour ago, bradW said:

Billingsgate Shoal, Brewster Flats, Wellfleet Harbor

Brewster Flats, that was every fly fisherman's playground.  I used to fish there all the time. Never again.

2 hours ago, flylikabird said:

The only way to definitively id them is having pictures of their dorsal fins.    CCB is filthy with White juveniles.   I think they're pupping here in CCB.

Maybe the state will take notice when a politician kid or a rich bather gets wacked! 

As you know Amity means friendship.  

5d3659b017e3c_JawsLarry2019.jpg.872fd4ad0cb672a5f2e694ae5fdc59a4.jpg

lol

I completely agree.

CCB seems to be the juvenile playground for "widdle" shahks on fish... then when older, they move to seal colonies of the SS or backside of the Cape 

Short video above... shark came up for a seal.. seal escaped by jumping over sharks back..    this was the second attack, sw ledge Stellwagen 1 week ago

C01CD2DB-3F32-4937-97BE-C63B9FCA397F.jpeg

C05AB77D-97DA-40CB-B8F5-09D12EFBE8A8.png

I've been watching those schools at Whitehorse Beach  for a while now and posted about them last week. Lots of seals, my wife saw a humpback right off Whitehorse yesterday morning, lots of great wildlife action.

15 mins ago, John O' said:

I've been watching those schools at Whitehorse Beach  for a while now and posted about them last week. Lots of seals, my wife saw a humpback right off Whitehorse yesterday morning, lots of great wildlife action.

Any bass on them?

12 hours ago, flylikabird said:

The only way to definitively id them is having pictures of their dorsal fins.    CCB is filthy with White juveniles.   I think they're pupping here in CCB.

Maybe the state will take notice when a politician kid or a rich bather gets wacked! 

As you know Amity means friendship.  

5d3659b017e3c_JawsLarry2019.jpg.872fd4ad0cb672a5f2e694ae5fdc59a4.jpg

So the State takes notice and does just what exactly? Start killin sharks? It all boils down to,  you don't like sharks in the water you swim in? Either find another sharkless spot, or don't go in the water.

Next!

1 hour ago, BadMojo said:

Any bass on them?

Very few not worth it honestly. I hopped around 4 schools and on one of them I had one follow my pogie up and I had one come off on a snag and drop.

1 hour ago, ken r said:

So the State takes notice and does just what exactly? Start killin sharks? It all boils down to,  you don't like sharks in the water you swim in? Either find another sharkless spot, or don't go in the water.

Next!

Exactly!  They were here first.  And I totally disagree that it's bad for tourism, there's been an increase in GW sightings near me and I think it's fascinating, and I bet most tourists do as well. Do I still swim?  Absolutely! Out far? No way. But I'm planning on getting a yak next year and I'll be out there, safe and sound please God. 

11 mins ago, John O' said:

Exactly!  They were here first.  And I totally disagree that it's bad for tourism, there's been an increase in GW sightings near me and I think it's fascinating, and I bet most tourists do as well. Do I still swim?  Absolutely! Out far? No way. But I'm planning on getting a yak next year and I'll be out there, safe and sound please God. 

John is there any way you could put a plate of steel on the bottom for more protection?

4 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

John is there any way you could put a plate of steel on the bottom for more protection?

Haha!  Carl, that may get me down to the GWs even quicker.